IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

"Browser not supported" error after running ASC

Dingeling

As a remote support agent I login to our CRM system via the following URL http://help.familysearch.org/en/iSupport

After running Free ASC v3.3.1 I get the following error when trying to access the URL using IE7:

Browser not supported.

We have detected that you are currently running a browser which does not support functionality required for this application. Please use the browser:

Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or above

I can only access the URL again after completely resetting IE7 to default (Tools > Internet Option > Advanced > Reset), but as soon as I run ASC it gives me the error again.

It would seem that ASC somehow affects the way IE7 identifies itself. Any tips on how to prevent this from happening are welcome. (Since IE is the only browser supported by the CRM, switching to another browser is unfortunately not an option).

Thanks

Problem Solved

I just downloaded and rand the new IObit Security 360 beta. It found a number of hijacked registry settings that ASC and Symantec apparently did not detect.

After eradicating these threats the problem appears to have been resolved.

:-P

Archived