IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Improvements

giantmidget

Hi a im running 32 bit vista with UserAccountControl and so it blocks the program booting on startup, this isnt so useful for the scanning but the real time protection its a bugger having to confirm it every time!

I have had the same problem with game booster,

A version not requiring permission every time to boot could be most useful!

Be Careful What You Wish for

Hi There<

Hi a im running 32 bit vista with UserAccountControl and so it blocks the program booting on startup, this isnt so useful for the scanning but the real time protection its a bugger having to confirm it every time!

I am not one with Vista... and/or all things Vista.

But, your defining statement constrains the problem to Vista's UserAccountControl.

If IO360 could circumvent that, it would be more of a virus, worm, trojan - than a security app.

Some where in Vista there must be a variety of tedious exemptions that can be set for a wide variety of operations.

Your job = find them.

I have had the same problem with game booster,

Same approach applies.

Find the permissions/exemption console for any and all the security applications that are getting upset.

Grant IO360 the access that "it" needs to do its tasks.

A version not requiring permission every time to boot could be most useful!

The whole point of having firewalls and security software is that "hopefully" they can't be shut off by every screen saver that gets downloaded.

All in All, your situation is good.

The security stuff is doing its job.

IO360 wants to do its job.

You "the operator" are going to have to suffer tweaking the setup.

On the up side - once you get it configured, it should retain the settings.

You shouldn't have to arbitrate between applications every time you boot up.

IO360

the problem with setting exemptions for UAC is they just dont appear to exist!

--it of course would be fantastic if it was possible to do this, and while i agree it is windows problem it would be a great step for most of the windows users to be able to boot this program!

i have other spyware/malware/firewall programs that seem exempt from the blocking, so i assumed there must be a way to change this to not need administrator priviladges (which is essentially what UAC does-even to admins!)

Archived