IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Task schedule service not running

When I attempt to use the task scheduler, this is the message I receive:

General page initialization failed.

The specific error is 0x80041315. An error has occurred attempting to retrieve account information. You may continue editing the task object, but will be unable to change task information.

What does this mean, I can`t schedule tasks? How do I fix it?

Hi mrx

I assume we are talking about SmartDefrag?

How are your schedule setting?

Please send a couple of screenshots.

Are you running the program as administrator?

Cheers

solbjerg

When I attempt to use the task scheduler, this is the message I receive:

General page initialization failed.

The specific error is 0x80041315. An error has occurred attempting to retrieve account information. You may continue editing the task object, but will be unable to change task information.

What does this mean, I can`t schedule tasks? How do I fix it?

• 3 months later...

I get the same message.

I deinstalled and reinstalled Smart Defrag 2 times (version 1.1, there i got the error the first time). After deinstallation i cleaned the registry from all smart defrag entries,, then I reinstalled 1.1, the error came again.

Then I upgraded from version 1.1 to 1.2 and get still the same error message in 1.2. Nothing removes the error.

I can use the scheduler, but i can not change the start settings (days, time).

And yes, I run the program as an administrator (like all of my programs), i am the one and only who's using my computer.

The exact time the error happens first:

As i changed the first time the day/hour settings in the schedule, after that, tthe scheduler was not working anylonger.

I use Win XP with servicepack 3 and have no idea what i can do more.

Here is a picture:

http://i35.tinypic.com/16bzrip.jpg

And by the way:

The error message has nothing to do with the language, it also pop up when i switch Smart Defrag from German to English.

It would be nice if someone has a solution for that problem.

Greetings Serpico

Hi Serpico

First - do you run on batteries?

Second - would you please attach 3 screenshots (one for each tab)

in your "Zeitplanung konfigurieren"

Third - did you during the clean install remember to delete the Smart Defrag folder or at least delete all its content?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg

sure i can post the three pictures you like to see:

http://i33.tinypic.com/feo3mp.jpg

Here, on the second Tab, I can change the settings, but if i klick OK, the old settings which you see on the picture, still remain.

http://i36.tinypic.com/161c9av.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/eqp8bb.jpg

No, my Desktop PC runs not on batteries :)

First, I reinstalled the same version of Smart Defrag (1.1) I deleted SD, cleanded up the registry and reinstalled version 1.1 in the same folder as it was before, i did not delete ths folder before i reinstalled the same version (1.1).

Then, before i updated from 1.1 to 1.2, I deleted 1.1 with the SD-deinstaller (after that, manually also the SD-folder), cleanded up the registry again, and then, after nothing remains from version 1.1 on the PC, I installed 1.2, but the error still remains.

Hopefully this is helpfull for you,

greetings Serpico

Sorry to butt in solbjerg, :|

Although it is seen that the version is 1.2, "Speed up PC!" option should not be there. My guess is, there were residues left rom the old versions!

Perhaps there:C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag\config.ini

Can Serpico try to show multiple schedules, and then add a new one and then delete the old one?

Cheers.

The more the merrier :smile: enoskype

I was about to suggest the same thing, - also from the screenshots it is seen that the button "Apply" hasn't been used.

Mine also shows the default setting "if not finished in 72 hours" stop it. That setting is blank in the screenshot here.

Also the button "browse" and "Advanced" isn't shown - so 2 more screenshots would be good, actually screenshots of every setting and button commands would be good.

But perhaps you have hit the nail on the head enoskype!

Cheers

solbjerg

Sorry to butt in solbjerg,

Although it is seen that the version is 1.2, "Speed up PC!" option should not be there. My guess is, there were residues left rom the old versions!

Perhaps there:C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag\config.ini

Can Serpico try to show multiple schedules, and then add a new one and then delete the old one?

Cheers.

Hello guys,

now I can tell you I fixed that problem, it's working all correctly now.

What made me thinking was the code in the error message, that "0x800blabla" thing. I know that is a code which is produced by windows and not by SD.

(Because Windows do nothing else as producing stupid error-messages from which nobody knows what they mean, so it was easy to identify: Stupid error message=can only be Windows by itself)

So I thought, when was the last time i changed the system settings (the Windows XP settings, not the SD settings).

It was a while ago and i used for that a very usefull program: "XP-Anti Spy"

This program allows you to configure Windows XP as you want to have it , down to the smallest detail.

In that program there is an option:

Dectivate the Windows Task-Planner (if you do not need it you can deactivate it and it will use no more system ressources)

I remembered that i did this, so i started "XP Anti-Spy" again and unchecked this option (which makes the Windows Task-Planner run again).

After that, all is working, it was NOT an error or a bug in SD, it was the deactivation from the Windows Task-Planner.

But maybe that is a helpfull information because there are a lot more utilities and programs out there which allows you to do that, so, do not do that and do not deactivate the Windows Taskplanner or the SD Scheduler will not work.

So, i hope my English was not too bad to explain this all and you could understand what i want to tell.

Many greetings,

Serpico

P.S: Keep up the good work, SD is one of the best defragmentation tools anybody can get.

Thanks for your feedback - nice to know you have solved it.

Accentuates the fact that every computer is different :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello guys,

now I can tell you I fixed that problem, it's working all correctly now.

What made me thinking was the code in the error message, that "0x800blabla" thing. I know that is a code which is produced by windows and not by SD.

(Because Windows do nothing else as producing stupid error-messages from which nobody knows what they mean, so it was easy to identify: Stupid error message=can only be Windows by itself)

So I thought, when was the last time i changed the system settings (the Windows XP settings, not the SD settings).

It was a while ago and i used for that a very usefull program: "XP-Anti Spy"

This program allows you to configure Windows XP as you want to have it , down to the smallest detail.

In that program there is an option:

Dectivate the Windows Task-Planner (if you do not need it you can deactivate it and it will use no more system ressources)

I remembered that i did this, so i started "XP Anti-Spy" again and unchecked this option (which makes the Windows Task-Planner run again).

After that, all is working, it was NOT an error or a bug in SD, it was the deactivation from the Windows Task-Planner.

But maybe that is a helpfull information because there are a lot more utilities and programs out there which allows you to do that, so, do not do that and do not deactivate the Windows Taskplanner or the SD Scheduler will not work.

So, i hope my English was not too bad to explain this all and you could understand what i want to tell.

Many greetings,

Serpico

P.S: Keep up the good work, SD is one of the best defragmentation tools anybody can get.

Sorry, I should have been more precise.

Please have a look at my first message (post #6), in the last and recent version of SD, which is 1.2 as like yours, but the ASC icon should not be there, ie., the options on the left pane of main GUI should be four not five.

In the former version, this "Speed up PC" option was going to take you to IObit's ASC 3.

Cheers.

Too Late

I was going to ask if Windows Task Scheduler had been disabled-apparently so-glad you found it.On a side note,I prefer the 2008 version of TUU to the 2009.The 2008 can still be had for free if I'm not mistaken.Some very nice visual effects can be applied with that if you have some extra Ram.The reg cleaner falls far short of ASC,but some other tweaks are quite effective useful-on XP anyway.Don't dare tweak Win7-it throws a fit and crashes :twisted::evil:

Thanks for the information, detailer.

No, I am quiet happy with XP, all is working as it should and I do not want to change my OP-System until it is absolutely necessary (I used Windows ME until Microsoft stopped the updates for that). So Win7 is not an option for me now (Vista never was).

Never change a running system, old rule;-)

By the way:

For registry cleanups I use "Reg Cure" and I am very satisfied with that utility.

For hard disk cleaning I use "WashAndGo 2009 Cleaner", former known as "Purgatio", nothing cleans better (it's made in Germany :-P) and you can get it here free for testing:

http://www.abelssoft.net/

"Avast Pro" I use as my antivirus program, "Zonealarm" as my firewall, "Stopzilla" against Malware and Spyware, for DVD burning I use "NERO" and for defragmentation U know what I use. :-)

That's all, more I do not need and all of these programs are working together without any problems with XP SP3.

I am very satisfied with this combination and I like to keep that up until Microsoft stops their service for XP (which hopefully happens not so soon)

Greetings Serpico

Archived