IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

file backup question

I'm new here and maybe this hasn't been answered already. I'm using ASC 3.3.1 (free) and I performed a file backup last week (Utilities/System Backup wizard) to a removable media (8g. flash drive) through the backup wizard. Now that I'm wanting to run another backup I'm being prompted to insert a new disk. Obviously I don't want to use a brand new disk (or flash drive) every time I run a back up. How do I get it to recognize the backup that I've already run? (ironically, it does indicate that I have already run a successful backup before and it lists that date and time). any help appreciated, blu

file backup question

I have a disk backup but when I try to open it I get the "read only" message and obviously I the file will not open. This disk was prepared by a former employee. I tried changing the file tag but that doesnt work. Any suggestions?

as far as i know,

IO backup does nothing but invoke microsoft backup utility.

ive had the same problem as you when using MS backup directly [i like sd chips].

using IO backup utility on a machne without MS backup installed causes a big fat nothing happens.

stock MS backups have malfunctioned consistantly, i was hoping IO had written one that worked, well, maybe someday.

what HAS worked for me is to write a short dos batch file to back up certain folders and have task scheduler run that at certain intervals, sending my essential work to an external flash drive or chip.

Hi

It is actually mentioned in Usage of IObit Products and in the new IObit Online ASC Manual. (Start/programs/IObit/ASC/Manual)

You can find it here:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=12330#post12330

In XP home it isn't automatically installed, but if you have the cd you can install it as one of the extra options.

Cheers

solbjerg

i replied to your question accidentally on the next one down, check that.

Archived