IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cloned Files Finder

Mongoose

How do you determind which file to delete? Now is it when you have 2 files saying the exact same thing and the same amount of MBs or what? I know if I do delete something to send it the recycle bin just in case something wrong happens. I have scanned it before and had things but never did anything about it cause I really wasn't sure but I guess now the time to find out. Im not having any problems Im just curious.

Hi Mongoose

I always open them and see what they are, and think about in what location I need them before perhaps deleting one of them, - or sometimes both if I do not need those specific files anymore for one reason or another.

But it is much easier to find files that way than to search for for them in the search application in Windows, if you have been hit by the tidying up syndrome.

Usually there is not much gained by it, but it is nice to know that everything is in its right place for most of us I guess :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

How do you determind which file to delete? Now is it when you have 2 files saying the exact same thing and the same amount of MBs or what? I know if I do delete something to send it the recycle bin just in case something wrong happens. I have scanned it before and had things but never did anything about it cause I really wasn't sure but I guess now the time to find out. Im not having any problems Im just curious.

Thanks for the response, I was just curious about it. There's not much there for me to worry about space cause I only using 10gig out of 120. I just dont keep things I dont need. Some day I plan on adding more ram cause I only have 512 and my PC can hold 1gig with it being 5yrs old it runs like a champ.

Hi Mongoose

You can get 1024 MB RAM now, and if you have two slots for them you should be able to place 2048 MB RAM in your machine. Aren't they still fairly cheap? But if you don't use it for heavy duty you should be alright with less.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the response, I was just curious about it. There's not much there for me to worry about space cause I only using 10gig out of 120. I just dont keep things I dont need. Some day I plan on adding more ram cause I only have 512 and my PC can hold 1gig with it being 5yrs old it runs like a champ.

• 1 month later...

Archived