IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Re-Install ASC Pro Rip-Off!!!

Ricky

Hi Ricky

Tough luck

I suppose you mean that you replaced the "old" hard drive with a new one.

In that situation your computer is seen as a new computer and as you probably only had license for one computer it will tell you that you have a license for the "old" one and will have to purchase a license for the "new" one.

My advice is to contact Tim Zue and explain your predicament.

Cheers

solbjerg

Had to replace new hard drive and re-install OS.

When I tried to install ASC Pro, it said my license is already activated and I have to buy another license. WTF?!?

What a F... waste. :-x

I had the same problem. My new laptop with a 500Gb Seagate Momentous hard drive developed a problem. Dell sent me a new hard drive with a new image. Of course I had to reinstall all of my programs including ASC. I got the same message just as anyone would with a new PC. Instead of screaming about being ripped off though I simply sent a message explaining my problem via the conveniently located e-mail support button on the site. I was quickly rewarded with a new license key for the remainder of my subscription. This is one of the reasons I like this company so much. Not only is the product top notch but the people behind it are as well. It has been a pleasure to help beta test these products, recommend them to others, and to use daily on my own computer.

Archived