IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New tool---Vulnerability Fix Beta1

Tim Xue

I'm surprised that the count would be so high as I'm indeed using a custom CD for my installation (XP), even more surprised that they are Security Updates. I guess it will list only those remaining, probably some not available on WU as it also has a list of those fixed...

One hotfix is failing; kb946648-x86-enu

One last thing... will this tool be available as a separate download as well on your website?

You will see it in IS360 Beta 2. We will intergrade it into IS360 system but not just a tool.

Haha - guess I'll keep this download you've there then. :D Hehe... also... could you get back on why the count is being so high even on a custom installation and a possibility on why the update I listed is failing? (kb946648-x86-enu)

Haha - guess I'll keep this download you've there then. :D Hehe... also... could you get back on why the count is being so high even on a custom installation and a possibility on why the update I listed is failing? (kb946648-x86-enu)

That seems to be a bug.:|

for now i can tell only that...

IOBit programs vorking great in free version, i can see that more problems are not fix, but that is ok because i only use free version to see how much IOBit team work on that programs, and so far this team is good ;-)

nice done IOBit team great job and longer life :-D

That seems to be a bug.:|

I've finally figured out (which would be some time ago by now :P) why it's not being installed. It makes sense, but everything isn't right - this is why... that update applies to installations having Windows Messenger, but Windows Messenger is not there already since SP2, and I'm even running SP3. You would think the tool would recognize this, simply because it would list and apply a security update for just that; Service Pack 3.

eat ur heart out MS this is brill

gpt XP sp3, but knew there was something wrong with my auto updating set to on, recommended, wasnt picking any up.

So i started hunting round in thier support/forum sites. best advice i got was to change part of my registry keys from "f" to "s" on something. Not my idea of a fix for me or i suspect a lot of other rookies!' There were a lot of people with the same prob.

This is a gem

Do u mind if i post about it on thier site

registry fix and yes it does

It picks up ALL security updates but u can individually select or take all. Ihave just run it and it picked up wait 4 it }}}} 28 for me. it then gives u the option to take all or some, it then downloads those selected with the standard windows checks first ie licence validation required, (but not 4 all???).

depending on the download requirements sytem restore points are created.

As for further tidying up i ran a regsitry check via AWC free and 56 fixes were needed,(2x28) ie non existant path (normal errors for any deleted prog).

but it lived up to its title:razz:

ms only

it only picked up ms security no word explorer etc, im hoping that 1 of those that i downloaded has changed a default so that next tuesdays are picked automatically not holding my breath thou, no systen tray icon appeared:roll:

So all it does is tell you what Windows updates you need? Windows update I thought did that.

A lot of people - including me - have Automatic Updates completely disabled, service and all, because Auto Updates takes up a fair bit of system resources and takes its time when scanning for new updates.

If i wanted to do an update i'd have to start the service again, go on the update page and sit there for a minute while it scans for updates which takes up a lot of cpu time.

This tool is perfect, just click and it takes a split second to scan and updates fast, no more having to deal with M$ updates. :grin:

seems to work good no errors or something. But the progrma don't detect the latest updates.

i ghad one updates left to install but the tool says 0.

1.-------------------------------

KB954430: SecurityUpdate For Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2

Downloadsize: 5,4 MB

Type update: important

---------------------------------

Archived