IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Exploit-ObscuredHtml, McAfee False Positive ?

Lakeluck

Hello, I tried to install ASC a few days ago.

During the installation my McAfee Internet Security (Free as a Comcast Customer) popped up a "Found Trojan" Window.

In McAfee's Quarantine is:

File Name: unins000.msg

Detection Name: Exploit-ObscuredHtml

Items: C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\unins000.msg

The helpful folks at MajorGeeks.com Forum claimed that 'McAfee is incorrect". My Thread there: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=192581

Problem is I can't uninstall Advanced SystemCare from my Laptop.

The Asc uninstall error's because "The File C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\unins000.msg is missing".

Being MajorGeeks called it a false-positive anyway I figured I'd restore the Quarantined File. First I disabled McAfee's AntiVirus then tried to Restore the ASC File.

But McAfee gives the comment "cannot restore" when trying to restore the Quarantined ASC File.

Now though I'm stuck. I need to know how to Uninstall Advanced SystemCare without the File "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\unins000.msg", because McAfee will not Restore the File.

Thanks in Advance

Hi Lakeluck

Ok, please try to Install the program again - and when that is accomplished you should be able to uninstall it if you want.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello, I tried to install ASC a few days ago.

During the installation my McAfee Internet Security (Free as a Comcast Customer) popped up a "Found Trojan" Window.

In McAfee's Quarantine is:

File Name: unins000.msg

Detection Name: Exploit-ObscuredHtml

Items: C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\unins000.msg

The helpful folks at MajorGeeks.com Forum claimed that 'McAfee is incorrect". My Thread there: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=192581

Problem is I can't uninstall Advanced SystemCare from my Laptop.

The Asc uninstall error's because "The File C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\unins000.msg is missing".

Being MajorGeeks called it a false-positive anyway I figured I'd restore the Quarantined File. First I disabled McAfee's AntiVirus then tried to Restore the ASC File.

But McAfee gives the comment "cannot restore" when trying to restore the Quarantined ASC File.

Now though I'm stuck. I need to know how to Uninstall Advanced SystemCare without the File "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\unins000.msg", because McAfee will not Restore the File.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks for the Reply.

Ok, please try to Install the program again

I had tried that before but the installer try's to uninstall it first and up comes the missing file error.

If that doesn't work,you can try the MS clean up utility

That sounded like a good idea. But I read through that link you gave, in that Link it states that the Clean-Up Utility doesn't actually remove the Program from the Computer (Just the Installation Files).

or just delete files and folders manually

I've done that before on other Programs, then used CCleaner & RegSeeker to Mop up afterwords. That's a lot of work though and too much room for Mistakes.

So I decided to Try your 3rd Option:

You could also try Revo Uninstaller -the built in uninstaller(ASC) will probably throw an error,but just ignore it and proceed with Revo in advanced mode.

Revo Uninstaller worked Flawlessly. I chose "Advanced" Mode as you suggested. The ASC uninstaller did pop up the missing file error but Revo continued right on thru without a Hiccup.

I really liked that Revo Program, very well written, easy to use and Fast on top of it all. I'm going to keep that Revo Program and not hesitate to refer others to it.

Thanks for the Assistance

Archived