IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Is this a false positive?

I have Norton 360 and I was surprised that I actually got spyware on my computer. Here is the log:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IObit Security 360

Version:0.1.1.8

Time:6/29/2009 5:01:22 PM

|Name|Type|Description|

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:(my name)@atdmt.com/

Unwanted.SpywareVanisher - Quarantined, File, C:\Windows\iun6002.exe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the cookies are nothing to worry about, but I'm talking about the "iun6002.exe" file. If you need me to, i'll attempt to upload the file here. It would be great to know if this is actually spyware like this program says. If so, Symantec's let one through to me :roll: haha. Whether it is or not, I'm definitely going to consider getting this program once it's officially released :-) Thanks IObit devs!

Hi btb

Take a look and see what they say about it here:

http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/dangerous_files/1820-WinDiriun6002exe.html

Cheers

solbjerg

I have Norton 360 and I was surprised that I actually got spyware on my computer. Here is the log:

IObit Security 360

Version:0.1.1.8

Time:6/29/2009 5:01:22 PM

|Name|Type|Description|

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:(my name)@atdmt.com/

Unwanted.SpywareVanisher - Quarantined, File, C:\Windows\iun6002.exe

I know the cookies are nothing to worry about, but I'm talking about the "iun6002.exe" file. If you need me to, i'll attempt to upload the file here. It would be great to know if this is actually spyware like this program says. If so, Symantec's let one through to me :roll: haha. Whether it is or not, I'm definitely going to consider getting this program once it's officially released :-) Thanks IObit devs!

INTERESTING....so this is spyware. I even restored the file and scanned it with Norton 360 v3 and it doesn't even recognize it as anything. However, I used a full scan with IObit 360 and it didn't find anything else like the website that you posted claims that the spyware adds into the registry and the computer. I'll research this a little more and remove the files from the computer. Thanks :-)

I ran a registry scan using a registry cleaner (forgot which one I used, but it wasn't IO Bit's program that found it), and it found a missing registry entry relating to the uninstaller file. It said it was related to the program "TuneXP 1.5". I do have that program installed, so I'm assuming the file C:\Windows\iun6002.exe came with that program when I installed it. I looked at the site that evilfantasy provided and it said nothing about TuneXP.

so if I removed that file a week ago, am I going to be unable to uninstall that program in the future if I wanted to?

You might need to reinstall it or use something like Revo Uninstaller

* Open Revo and let the list populate (can take several seconds to finish).

* Right click what you want to uninstall and choose Uninstall

* Next choose Advanced then click Next

* This will (try to) launch the programs built in uninstaller and go through the normal uninstall process.

* If the uninstaller fails just continue on with the Revo instructions.

* Once complete: In Revo Uninstaller click Next and Revo will scan the registry for leftovers.

* This scan can take several seconds.

* Once the results are shown look at each one to ensure they are all related to the program that was uninstalled.

* Choose Select All then click Delete

* Click Next and Revo will scan for any files or folders that were not removed.

* If any files/folders are found choose Select all > Delete

Archived