IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Vista security center doesn't recognize ASC

Hi, I just got the ASC Pro Vers. 3.3.4 I uninstalled my AVG 8.5 because it was really bogging down my system, I have a 1yr old HP laptop, Vista home Prem, 2G ram, 250HD.. my question, will ASC replace my anti-virus?(AVG) because windows security keeps telling me I have no anti-virus.. also.. even though I have read the forums about the 'security defense' I still do not understand how or what to make sure is or isn't ticked.. in the first run it found 5579 problems in security defense, some are ticked some are not, and they all look foreign to me, lol.. I'm scared to death to 'repair' anything in there :-( for fear of running into some of the similiar problems I'm reading about here..

Hi boredbrainless,

ASC or security 360 are NOT antivirus programs. You need to be running one. Security defense blocks certain sites & cookies from being accessed. There are several thousand of these it will block and that is the number you are seeing. You shouldn't have problems by allowing it to block them (repair problems). This might take a minute or so to run the first time.

samr.

Archived