IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Is there really a Trojan Horse inside the "Vista Codec Pack"?

Greetings...

I just installed Iobit Security 360 Beta 1.1 , and I have to say the program is looking pretty good! I can't wait until the Final version is released...:-):-)

Anyway, I just scanned my entire system with IS360, (A "Full" scan with the strictest settings enabled, and the most recent definitions) and all that was found on my system was a few "Tracking Cookies" which I removed. There was one really bad thing found however, ...

A "Trojan Horse" in The "Vista Codec Pack" which I downloaded from Majorgeeks.com (which is a very trusted site and very thorough and "no-nonsense" when it comes to scanning the files they put up on their site, -

in an effort to stamp out spyware...)

So I am really hoping this is a false positive! ...But then again, anything is possible...

The "VistaUser.exe" file appears in/is part of, the "VistaCodecPack" which helps me to play almost any media file on my PC.

(I am using Windows XP professional with service pack 3)

I would be very grateful to receive an E-mail from anyone who knows if this is really A Trojan Horse or a False Positive.

-Thanks in advance,

Chris. (blondapollo@hotmail.com)

Here is the Scan Report Log:

IObit Security 360

Version:0.1.1.8

Time:7/3/2009 7:48:58 AM

|Name|Type|Description|

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/adview?ai=B_ZG91tVHSvXKAZu2nQauiNXmA_OR7Z0Bh4X4_gy5rf__EQAQARgBILGF9wE4AFCAx-HEBGD9sJGB6AOyARF3d3cuc29mdHBlZGlhLmNvbboBCjMwMHgyNTBfYXPIAQnaAU9odHRwOi8vd3d3LnNvZnRwZWRpYS5jb20vZ2V0L1N5c3RlbS9TeXN0ZW0tSW5mby9HbGFyeXNvZnQtUHJvY2Vzcy1NYW5hZ2VyLnNodG1s4AECmAKCJKkCXwfHE20krT64AhjAAgHIAuvpvAyoAwHoA-EF6AOvAugD4AHoAwX1AwAAAAQ&sigh=BAiLk1Pum-I

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, http://turn.api.lookery.com/targeting?api_key=b4c72fba81f451983647fa6e7483ca86&v=2&hitsonly=1&r_url=http%3A%2F%2Fr.turn.com%2Fr%2Fbd%3F%26ddc%3D1%26pid%3D11%26uid%3D%7Bprofile_id%7D%26gender%3D%7Bprofile_gender%7D%26yob%3D%7Bprofile_yob%7D%26zip%3D%7Bprofile_zip%7D%26city%3D%7Bprofile_city%7D%26state%3D%7Bprofile_state%7D%26country%3D%7Bprofile_country%7D%26hasqry%3D%7Bprofile_search_has%7D%26qry%3D%7Bprofile_search_last%7D

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:administrator@atdmt.com/

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:administrator@doubleclick.net/

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:administrator@quantserve.com/

Trojan.Downloader, File, C:\Program Files\VistaCodecPack\Tools\VistaUser.exe

Archived