IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

missinf file

I have been using advanced care for several days and i was thinking of buying the produce-until today. when i went to run the free version it said there is an newer version available. When i went to install it all i got was a message that the older version cannot be uninstalled and the newer version cannot be installed due to:Programs\iobit\advancedsystemcare3\unins000.msg is missing. i have been trying to find this file with no luck. i have tried to uninstall through the program and the control panel. i have tried a system restotre. nothing works. Dooes any one have an idea how to fix his problem. Thanks John

Hi ninetoes49,

Most probably you are using McAfee.

Temporarily turn off McAfee, and restore the file unins000.msg from within McAfee.

Install the new version. It will automatically uninstall the old version before installing.

This issue is discussed in many threads and McAfee sees that file as a trojan and puts it to quarantine.

It is a false positive.

Cheers.

How Does The Missing File Effect ASC3.3.4

I have McAfee and it, naturally, took the suspect file out. Even though it's an error I have no beef with McAfee. I'd rather have a false positve than a no catch any day. My question is this. I installed 3.3.4. When will this have an effect on the software. I'm thinking on the next uprade, right? By the way. McAfee will not let me restore the file. What do I do? And also the program seems to be working fine. So I'm curious as to when this will effect me. I'm confused.:razz: Kevin the PolarBear

Archived