IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC removal problem

This is my first time in any forum of any type so please bear with me if i'm making any stupid mistakes. After having the Mcafee related "unins000.msg is missing" problem when trying to update my version of ASC pro I attempted to uninstall ASC with Revo uninstaller. Although Revo shows that the prog. is 'gone' the ASC file still remains containing something called an AWC file. Unfortunately every time I try to remove this file manually or try to install the updated version of ASC pro i keep getting the error message "DeleteFile failed,code 5. Access is denied". I've tried disabling Mcafee but to no avail. I have to stress that i'm a complete novice when it comes to computers so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Dassander

You probably have something from the program running automatically in the background - close that, and the problem should go away.

Cheers

solbjerg

This is my first time in any forum of any type so please bear with me if i'm making any stupid mistakes. After having the Mcafee related "unins000.msg is missing" problem when trying to update my version of ASC pro I attempted to uninstall ASC with Revo uninstaller. Although Revo shows that the prog. is 'gone' the ASC file still remains containing something called an AWC file. Unfortunately every time I try to remove this file manually or try to install the updated version of ASC pro i keep getting the error message "DeleteFile failed,code 5. Access is denied". I've tried disabling Mcafee but to no avail. I have to stress that i'm a complete novice when it comes to computers so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RE: "Lost" file (unins000.msg)

Dassander: Fortunately I have another computer that does not have McAfee. The lost file remained when I loaded Advanced System Care on that computer. I loaded the lost file on a flash stick to reinsert the missing file on the troubled computer. Even when I originally put that stick in the troubled computer, McAfee took the file off the stick. It was gone. The solution is to go into Safe mode on the computer with McAfee. The missing file can be loaded into the appropriate folder and the Advanced System Care can be removed in Safe mode. I've done it. Hope this helps. Jim:-D

Archived