IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Un-Install

Hello All

I have installed advanced system care 3 recently, and today it was "suggested" I upgrade. Since I insatalled this programme my pc has slowed considerably. My Provider gives me up to 10 MEG. I have tried to un-install and my pc reads progamme corrupt. Please can anyone help.I just want to rid myself of this programme

Hi old soldier

You do not provide a wealth of information :-) - but if it is about the missing unins000.msg file that McAfee has quarantined, then please read this: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=3121

and Tim's thread that was added today

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=3176

If you want to know a little more about how the program works I recommend the Manual and this:

Online Help for IObit Software

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello All

I have installed advanced system care 3 recently, and today it was "suggested" I upgrade. Since I insatalled this programme my pc has slowed considerably. My Provider gives me up to 10 MEG. I have tried to un-install and my pc reads progamme corrupt. Please can anyone help.I just want to rid myself of this programme

Hello Solbjerg

So sorry for delay in replying, probs with pc all day. I will try and give you more info this time, please bear with me because I am not the most pc literate person you will ever meet. Whenever I try to remove Sytem care3 form my pc I get the follwing message.......The set up files are corrupted please obtain a new copy of the programme" After speaking to you I had a brainwave, when the pc decided to run a bit I thought "Bingo!!! All I need to do is download it again, that will remove the corrupt one, and the I can un-install the new one...WRONG!!! I got a similar message except it was telling me it could not install the new one because the old one is corrupt!! I have tried numerous removal programmes which stated they were "free" unitil it came to the actual removal process then they wanted upwards of £30 to register before removal coul take place. I found one called REVO which was true to it's word and was completel "free" but after going through the process and telling me it had removed the offending programme, I checked and it was still there. I learnt one thing form all this though. if it's genuinley free it's rubbish. PLEASE PLEASE help put an old soldier out of his misery

Did you choose the advanced mode for uninstall with Revo? What exactly is left of ASC,just the folder perhaps.I use Revo religiously, and it's never failed to remove any software.A leftover or two maybe,but that's all.Try a Windows search for both Advanced System Care and Iobit(assuming you have no other Iobit software you want to keep)Then just delete manually.If you run across some files that won't budge,use unlocker.

Hi old soldier

After the Revo uninstall, is there then still an ASC file in your Add/Remove programs in the controlpanel or for that matter is the ASC program still shown in Revo?

If it is only that the ASC folder is still in your programs but IS uninstalled, you can just delete the folder. Be sure though beforehand that nothing from the program is running in the background, close all instances and the program down first.

If the problem arose because McAfee removed the unins000.msg file I can tell you that that was a false positive and that McAfee has corrected this in their new update.

Do you use McAfee?

When you are ready, then download and install the new version, if a window comes up saying there is a problem, just click OK and wait a little bit - some seconds- depending on how fast your computer is and then the install window will come up and you will have to click "ignore" a number of times to get the program installed.

After installation you can uninstall the program quite normally if you wish.

But my guess is that you have run it it wihout reading or following the manual and have changed some system settings you should not have, furthermore I think you haven't optimized your TCP/IP settings through the Tools menu in ASC.

Let's see if this description can make you fix your problem!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello Solbjerg

So sorry for delay in replying, probs with pc all day. I will try and give you more info this time, please bear with me because I am not the most pc literate person you will ever meet. Whenever I try to remove Sytem care3 form my pc I get the follwing message.......The set up files are corrupted please obtain a new copy of the programme" After speaking to you I had a brainwave, when the pc decided to run a bit I thought "Bingo!!! All I need to do is download it again, that will remove the corrupt one, and the I can un-install the new one...WRONG!!! I got a similar message except it was telling me it could not install the new one because the old one is corrupt!! I have tried numerous removal programmes which stated they were "free" unitil it came to the actual removal process then they wanted upwards of £30 to register before removal coul take place. I found one called REVO which was true to it's word and was completel "free" but after going through the process and telling me it had removed the offending programme, I checked and it was still there. I learnt one thing form all this though. if it's genuinley free it's rubbish. PLEASE PLEASE help put an old soldier out of his misery

Systen Care 3 removal

Hello Solbjerg

Just a line to say thank you so much for your assistance, I have followed your instuctions and it seems to have done the trick. I re installed advanced system 3, and I appear to have a good working version now, so I will leave it on for a while, as my pc appears to be running realy well now. Once again Thank you Thank you, it's really frustrating when one does not know how to resovle something. You are a hero in our home!!!!

Hi old soldier

Thank you for your kind words, alway nice to get feedback - especially if it has helped :-)

To use the program without making too many mistakes I recommend reading

Online Help for IObit Software

which will send you the the thread Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section where we have amassed what information about the programs that we have thought pertinent. We are welcoming suggestions for improvement though.

Glad to have been of service!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello Solbjerg

Just a line to say thank you so much for your assistance, I have followed your instuctions and it seems to have done the trick. I re installed advanced system 3, and I appear to have a good working version now, so I will leave it on for a while, as my pc appears to be running realy well now. Once again Thank you Thank you, it's really frustrating when one does not know how to resovle something. You are a hero in our home!!!!

Archived