IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem with unistallation of an add-on in IE8

demitris

Hi guys

i have a toolbar in IE8 called -TV Center Toolbar- by Conuit Ltd.

Today i upgraded thru opyion in the toolbar and i expected the old toolbar to be removed but it remained. I disabled it anyway and i tried to unistall it thru Control Panel Wise-Unistaller and thru ASC as well.

It is not possible and i get the message "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file

How can i ovrcome a problem like this

cheers

Hi demitris

Have you tried the System Restore function in Windows at a date/time prior to installing the update. Then after that check if you have an uninstall option for the addon toolbar and uninstall it, - after that you can download the newest version and install it.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi guys

i have a toolbar in IE8 called -TV Center Toolbar- by Conuit Ltd.

Today i upgraded thru opyion in the toolbar and i expected the old toolbar to be removed but it remained. I disabled it anyway and i tried to unistall it thru Control Panel Wise-Unistaller and thru ASC as well.

It is not possible and i get the message "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file

How can i ovrcome a problem like this

cheers

Hi demitris

Have you tried the System Restore function in Windows at a date/time prior to installing the update. Then after that check if you have an uninstall option for the addon toolbar and uninstall it, - after that you can download the newest version and install it.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg

i finally managed to removed the folders of toolbar and its registration in control panel unistaller and from the list of toolbars in IE but it is impossible to remove it from toolbars pull-down menu. It remains there useless.

Do u have any idea?

cheers

Hi demitris

As it is now gone except for the pull down menu I think I would try a chkdsk perhaps even with one of the switches.

Or an ASC cleaning :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg

i finally managed to removed the folders of toolbar and its registration in control panel unistaller and from the list of toolbars in IE but it is impossible to remove it from toolbars pull-down menu. It remains there useless.

Do u have any idea?

cheers

did reset not clear this item from IE?

hi

information for this toolbar has remained as "leftovers" and the toolbar is in the pulldown menu but inactive.

this is because the proper uninstallation was't possible to be done due to incompatibilities i think.

i checked in Conduit Ltd. site and there is no hint how to uninstall in IE though there is one for Mozila Firefox

cheers

Hi demitris,

Did you try removing it in IE Security Assistant of ASC if it exists there?

ASC=>Utilities=>Tuneup=>Security=>IE Security Assistant=>IE Extentions=>IE Toolbars=>Internet Explorer Toolbars=>{Toolbar in question}=>click "Remove" button

Cheers.

Hi demitris

Here is a link that claims it can remove it, I haven't tried it because I do not have to remove anything.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm

Cheers

solbjerg

hi

information for this toolbar has remained as "leftovers" and the toolbar is in the pulldown menu but inactive.

this is because the proper uninstallation was't possible to be done due to incompatibilities i think.

i checked in Conduit Ltd. site and there is no hint how to uninstall in IE though there is one for Mozila Firefox

cheers

Εύρηκα (Eureka)

Hi guys

the solution for the removing of the toolbar left over was one foot from our eyes.

after running SECURITY ANALYZER in ASC i never payed attention to the list of suggestions but today i dit it.

It was there and it was a piece of cake to remove it.

This was a good lesson in using programs.

cheers

Archived