IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto Shutdown doesn't work

debtop

Hi. I love Advanced System Care and I installed on my desktop and laptop. Unfortunately, the Auto Shutdown doesn't work on my laptop. I tried using different times and used the Restart too. That doesn't work either.

Any idea why?

Thanks,

debtop :roll:

Hi debtop

Are you perhaps running it on batteries?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi. I love Advanced System Care and I installed on my desktop and laptop. Unfortunately, the Auto Shutdown doesn't work on my laptop. I tried using different times and used the Restart too. That doesn't work either.

Any idea why?

Thanks,

debtop :roll:

Hello. I recently tried uninstalling and reinstalling ACS with the hopes that it would get the Auto Shutdown to work. Unfortunately, it still doesn't. I checked all my connections and it's secure. I even have the latest version.

Any ideas of what else could be causing it not to work?? Any help would be appreciated..:grin:

I put the time in and it still didn't work. I don't know what else I could do. Does the laptop have to be online in order for it to work? I tried the auto shutdown offline. I wouldn't think that would affect that.

Hi debtop

What are your settings for Windows Time in Services?

Is scheduling enabled?

services.msc in Run.

Cheers

solbjerg

I put the time in and it still didn't work. I don't know what else I could do. Does the laptop have to be online in order for it to work? I tried the auto shutdown offline. I wouldn't think that would affect that.

Auto Shutdown

Hi Solbjerg,

I checked what you said in Windows Time and it's started for Automatic. I made sure everything was enabled. I don't know too much about that stuff. Is there anything else I should look for?

Thanks for your response.

Hi debtop

Do you mind providing screenshots of your settings?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg,

I checked what you said in Windows Time and it's started for Automatic. I made sure everything was enabled. I don't know too much about that stuff. Is there anything else I should look for?

Thanks for your response.

Auto Shutdown

Hi Solbjerg,

I got into my settings, but I can seem to copy and paste the settings to post on here. Did you want the settings for all of Services. msc? or just the Windows Time? I will keep working to see if I can provide you with the settings. I've never done screenshots before. Is it like copy and paste?

Thanks,

Deb

Hi debtop

In the case of Services you have the option in the toolbar there to export the list - choose somewhere to save it temporarily for example and then attach it in your post

In Online Help for IObit Software

there is a description of how to do both a screenshot and how to attach a file.

What were the settings for Windows Time?

When i mentioned settings earlier I meant the program setting, which do require screenshots or verbose descriptions :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg,

I got into my settings, but I can seem to copy and paste the settings to post on here. Did you want the settings for all of Services. msc? or just the Windows Time? I will keep working to see if I can provide you with the settings. I've never done screenshots before. Is it like copy and paste?

Thanks,

Deb

Auto Shutdown

Hi Solbjerg,

I think I have major problems with this laptop. I tried to change the .msx file to jpg and it won't let me. Also, the Print Screen and Alt button together don't print the window. I went into Paint and tried to change the file which comes up as an .msx file cannot be changed. I think this is a hopeless case..:-(

Just want to say thanks for being here to try and help. I really appreciate it.

Debtop

hi debtop

please try one more time . have the window on your desktop, then first just hit the button PrtScr and then open your picture folder, right click and choose paste or click on Edit in menu line and choose paste.

Doesn't that give you the picture in the folder?

If it does, try again, this time with Alt held down while hitting PrtScr and then same procedure, instead of your picture folder you can try pasting it in Word.

Let's hear how that goes! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg,

I think I have major problems with this laptop. I tried to change the .msx file to jpg and it won't let me. Also, the Print Screen and Alt button together don't print the window. I went into Paint and tried to change the file which comes up as an .msx file cannot be changed. I think this is a hopeless case..:-(

Just want to say thanks for being here to try and help. I really appreciate it.

Debtop

Auto Shutdown

Hi S,

I tried to do that, and all I get when it's in the Pictures folder, is it just opens up Word Pad. It doesn't look anything like the window for the Settings.

I'm not sure this will work at all. It's a pretty old laptop, so maybe things are just not working up to par.

Thanks,

debtop

Auto Shutdown

Hi S,

Well, I tried what you said and an icon that looks like a notebook pad came up in Pictures folder. I clicked on it and then tried copy and paste, but it looked nothing like the windows for the Settings.

I have run out of options. The PrtScrn button doesn't work ( I think ) I press and nothing happens. No messages on the desktop or anything to indicate that it works.

Maybe I'm just a hopeless case.....lol

Thanks,

Deb

Auto Shutdown

Hi Solbjerg,

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help with trying to fix my problem. I just wish I could find a way to make it work.

If I happen to be lucky enough to get it to work, I will let you know.

Thanks again

debtop

Hi deptop,

You have to open MSPaint after hiting the PrtScrn button (start=>Programs=>Accessories=>click "Paint") and click Edit on Paint window and click Paste.

That's it. You will have the screenshot in Paint window and you have to Save it anywhere you like.

Cheers.

Hello Enoskype.

I tried doing that. Unfortunately, that's not working either. I went into the window for my Services Settings. I exported to my desktop, when I save that file, it comes up as .msx file. and I cannot find a way to change the format even in Paiint. It says invalid bitmap file and isn't supported.

I don't know if there's any other way. I thought it would be alot more simpler than this.. go figure.

thanks for your imput,

Debtop

Archived