IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Spybot Resident alerts on ASC Install

mitcorb

While installing Advanced System Care7/10/2009 1:37:21 PM Encountered and terminated 2Search in C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\Wizard.exe!

I do not know if the download contained the active unwanted or is mentioned by reference in your databases, but Spybot Search and Destroy Resident halted the install and recommended not to allow this item to run, since it was perceived as a threat.

[[edit, insert: I was able to complete the install and run a Care scan successfully, after following Resident's recommendation to disallow.]]

I first encountered information on ASC while browsing Spybot's Forums.

I intend to inform that forum also.

(You may notice I am sending this from a different computer than the one with the listed email address. I hope that I can complete this post, based on this fact.)

Hi mitcorb,

I do use SS&D resident Tea timer too, but nothing has come up from it.

What is your question? Can you elaborate it please?

Fx. from where did you download ASC and which version?

What was the information on SS&D forum? etc.

Cheers.

reply to enoskype

Thank you for your response.

Initially, I did not have a question. I was merely reporting this curiosity. My first post is an announcement that Spybot Resident halted the install of an update to ASC. I thought this would be of interest to Iobit. See the wording of the first lines in the first post. That is a copy paste of Resident's activity log.

I downloaded the latest update ASC 3 from the default source through the "get update" link in the ASC GUI. The default source was CNET downloads. This was not a new install, but an update. CNET states that its available downloads are malware and virus free. I do afford them a high level of trust, and I am realistic enough to understand that there is no 100% guarantee on anything.

It so happens that I discovered the existence of Iobit ASC through a Spybot Search and Destroy sub forum. I believe it was Pacman's subforum. I will have to check this.

I started this thread in the spirit of helpfulness to the authors and user community.

In the Spybot forum, I received a prompt response, suggesting it may be a false positive, and I was asked to submit the targeted item to the Detections Center, I presume for analysis. It most likely is a false positive, but this will give both Spybot and Iobit a "heads up" on potential "bumps in the road".

Once again, thanks for your response, and best wishes.

mitcorb

Archived