IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem showing hidden files and folders

Nash

When I scanned with the ASC Disk Cleaner it can't remove about 190 of the files (mostly logfiles in Windows Live) so i tried finding them myself but I noticed that I can't change the folder options to show hidden files and folders, yeah it's strange... the "show hidden files and folders" option is missing, therefor I can't change it:-(

I've tried to create a new administrator account but it's the same there.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Cheers

Update: By making some changes at "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden]"

I managed to be able to see hidden files and folders but the show setting is still missing.

I'm afraid that I've made a mistake too, there's also a checkbox for showing hidden systemfiles and folders, that's maybe the reason why I could suddenly see and enter hidden systemfolders to remove the stubbon junkfiles:lol:

Hi Nash,

Glad you found the setting. Also remember that if it is set to remove them to the recycle bin and the bin size is smaller than the files you are removing they will not all be removed until you empty the recycle bin and run it again.

samr.

Archived