IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

"Startup" displays on boot

mdbelt

Sounds like you have it set to run at boot?? If so,why? If that's your preference,look to see if "Minumize to Tray" and " Enable Tool Tips" are checked.If so,uncheck them-see what happens.I wouldn't recommend running SD or anything else you don't have "Immediate" need of at boot.

I wouldn't recommend running SD or anything else you don't have "Immediate" need of at boot.

This is truly excellent advice because unfortunately there are plenty of programs that were designed to add themselves to the boot order in fact I had to kick one out just this morning!

~Maxx~

Alternatives to starting automatically

Sounds like you have it set to run at boot?? If so,why? If that's your preference,look to see if "Minumize to Tray" and " Enable Tool Tips" are checked.If so,uncheck them-see what happens.I wouldn't recommend running SD or anything else you don't have "Immediate" need of at boot.

I like having SD run in the background when I'm not using my machine to keep the HD tidy. Excuse the novice question, but do you have another recomendation other than allowing SD to start automatically?

As a Matter of Fact....

Yes I do.Now this is only my preference and how I look at SD and programs like it.First,I run the bare minimum at boot.I do not subscribe to "auto" features as far as utilities that constantly run in the background or at boot hogging resources.The obvious exception to those rules would of course be security.Further in regard to SD running to "keep things tidy" as you put it-I think that's pointless.My logic here is why defrag if you're going to continue to work/play-use the resources to keep working.You don't get up to do the dishes before you're done eating,do you?I prefer to defrag at the end of the day, if it's even needed.Now here is one auto function I have used,and offer for your consideration-Auto Shutdown after Defrag.Now this makes sense(to me anyway)Wake up to a PC that's ready to go.If your day is very labor intensive,perform a defrag at lunch.SD will usually get the job done in under 10 minutes,and certainly less than 30.Take a look at what actually starts up when your PC does,and you'll be pleasantly surprised to learn that you can probably lose half of it.You can accomplish this through a Run command of msconfig or using ASC's Start Up Manager.Feel free to post back if you'd like to trim down your PC's diet-I'd be happy to make some suggestions.And thank you Max for backing that view.If the offer is still good,I'd recommend Anvir Task Manager for anyone interested in taking control over what runs,doesn't run,or when it can.

Archived