IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

It doesn't speed up Windows

Stuart77

I have XP home on my laptop. Yesterday I did a scan and there were around 2500 probems in Security Defense and hundreds of fragmented files (I didn't note down the exact numbers). I let ASC PRO fix them.

Today after practically no use I did another scan and there were 4810 problems in Security Defense and 1404 fragmented files. I let ASC fix them.

Trouble my computer goes abominably slowly. It takes ages to open files, or links after a click on the button, the downward button on the right of sites stays still when I click on it and try to pull it down. After a while it suddenly jerks down and won't move again for a while. The whole thing is sluggish in the extreme.

Any suggestions to fix the problems would be much appreciated.

Stuartp77.

Hi Stuart

Have you immunized ALL "problems" in Security Defense?

Try to go to Internet Optimizing and just go with the recommended settings (click the button recommended) and run the optimizing.

Let's hear if that helps.

Did you check all the "problems" under each category before clicking repair?

Please read

Online Help for IObit Software

Cheers

solbjerg

I have XP home on my laptop. Yesterday I did a scan and there were around 2500 probems in Security Defense and hundreds of fragmented files (I didn't note down the exact numbers). I let ASC PRO fix them.

Today after practically no use I did another scan and there were 4810 problems in Security Defense and 1404 fragmented files. I let ASC fix them.

Trouble my computer goes abominably slowly. It takes ages to open files, or links after a click on the button, the downward button on the right of sites stays still when I click on it and try to pull it down. After a while it suddenly jerks down and won't move again for a while. The whole thing is sluggish in the extreme.

Any suggestions to fix the problems would be much appreciated.

Stuartp77.

Sounds to me you might have alot of startup items set to auto run that might be using your resources. run msconfig.exe and disable most of your startup programs that are not needed. You can also search "tweak xp services" and follow a guide on disabling uneeded windows services that run at startup as well.

Use smart defrag and defrag and optimize your disks.

Uninstall bloatware such as Adobe, AOL, HP, and extra windows features you dont need. Uninstall microsoft features via the add remove programs section.

Another nifty program is called clevercache that auto optimizes windows file cache.

Use a lightweight Antivirus/firewall suite. Norton Internet Security 09 is the fastest and lightest on resources. And using that you dont need any additional anti malware/virus program running along side it, norton will be the only one you need.

Use IObit 360 for on demand scanning as a backup.

Update all your drivers.

Check your pc inside for dust and heat issues and correct them by dusting the inside of the pc case.

This video has some excellent tips but its for Vista, but you can still use almost all the tips and apply it to Xp.

Use a lightweight Antivirus/firewall suite. Norton Internet Security 09 is the fastest and lightest on resources.

I ran both NIS 2008 and NIS 2009 for 1 year and NIS 2009 is indeed much lighter than its previous iteration, but it uses twice as much RAM as the Comodo Internet Security that I am using now, takes twice as long to boot up, plus the Comodo Firewall Pro with its Defense+ HIPS Detection passes every leak test while NIS 2009 fails miserably with frighteningly low scores...

Norton Internet Security 2009.

Auto Program Control was turned off.

COMODO Leaktests v.1.1.0.3

Date 4:11:03 PM - 11/26/2008

OS Windows XP SP2 build 2600

1. RootkitInstallation: MissingDriverLoad Protected

2. RootkitInstallation: LoadAndCallImage Vulnerable

3. RootkitInstallation: DriverSupersede Vulnerable

4. RootkitInstallation: ChangeDrvPath Vulnerable

5. Invasion: Runner Protected

6. Invasion: RawDisk Vulnerable

7. Invasion: PhysicalMemory Vulnerable