IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto Defrag never kicks in?

I installed Smart Defrag for the first time earlier today. Right after installation, I looked through the Options and made sure that Auto Defrag was turned on for all volumes. It's been running in the background in the system tray all day.

However, the Auto Defrag hasn't kicked in at all, even though I was away for the computer for a couple of hours. It shows "0 files have been defragmented" and "Last Auto Defrag: -".

I tried turning off the "Pause Auto Defrag when ..." option and setting the "Start Auto Defrag when..." down to 1 minute, but still no luck.

Am I missing something? :-?

Hi Stutzbach

This thread talks about the problem

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=2247&highlight=auto+defrag

Cheer

solbjerg

I installed Smart Defrag for the first time earlier today. Right after installation, I looked through the Options and made sure that Auto Defrag was turned on for all volumes. It's been running in the background in the system tray all day.

However, the Auto Defrag hasn't kicked in at all, even though I was away for the computer for a couple of hours. It shows "0 files have been defragmented" and "Last Auto Defrag: -".

I tried turning off the "Pause Auto Defrag when ..." option and setting the "Start Auto Defrag when..." down to 1 minute, but still no luck.

Am I missing something? :-?

Hi Stutzback

Did you notice the settings in my screenshots - I had no problem running the auto defrag or the scheduled defrag, and in my opinion it must come down to which settings one tries to utilize?

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, a number of people in that thread have the same problem, so at least I'm not alone. No solutions, though. :cry:

Auto Defrag

I've used Smart Defrag for months, without ever having a problem. Smart Defrag kicked in several times a day with all the default settings, and I scheduled a weekly optimization. Yesterday, I noticed that the last run time on the Auto Defrag was 7/17/09 and so for some reason, it hadn't kicked in for four days. I completed uninstalled it and did a clean install - which now, in retrospect, may not have been necessary. This morning, I nudged up the resource "pause" tolerance level bar from 20% to 30%, and, about 1/2 hour later, the auto defrag kicked in and,when completed, displayed that 189 files had been defragmented. Whether the reinstall, and/or this change from the default settings made a difference, or was coincidental, is hard to determine. All I can say is that it has "awakened", and the auto defrag now appears to function normally.:-o

Archived