IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

4200 infections in one week!

daisypearl

I run asc-pro ver 4 [updated last week]. I do all my maintenance on the weekends so I ran all the diagnostic programs last week. I also have the scans to run every day. If this sounds vague, I am obviously not a techie.

When I ran "security defense" about 15 minutes ago I had over 4200 "infections" in a week. I have had fewer than 10 on occasion and had 100+ the first time I ran it after installation. I cannot imagine what has happened to let all those things in. I did run my usual spybot and adaware scans last weekend. I do know there was an automatic install of Microsoft updates this week plus I downloaded ver 3.5 of Firefox. I only use IE when the site will not allow me to use Firefox [a couple of financials] and I know I did not use IE this past week.

I looked at all the items removed and none looked familiar as part of anything I might have accessed.

Have not a clue what is going on but I had thought I was completely protected but now I am almost afraid to go online. I have DSL with a netopia modem, I have avast virus checker, spybot-SD resident enabled, windows defender and also the Windows firewall. I am running windows xp pro and I keep up with the with all the updates automatically installed.

I suspect Firefox as other anomalies have cropped up with the new version. I think I will also post at their forum and see if this has happened to anyone else.

Any help is really, really appreciated!

thanks, daisy

I don't think you have 4200 infections-you need to click on that number after the scan and immunize your PC against those infections.You'll see the window open after you click on the 4200 "problems" You need to perform "Select All" and then "Apply" for all three categories.

also the Windows firewall. I am running windows xp pro and I keep up with the with all the updates automatically installed.

Ok here is a big Worry ? you only use Winn fire wall myself Never let it run

its a poorly defending fire wall .Sorry just my opinion. LOOKNSTOP a very tiny

fire wall has 1000 times more kick than winn fire wall .bay far

my advice if you think you may ponder over it.use a ather like comodo,or zone or pctools. lookNstop and Please never use IE if at all block it .

The ather thing try not to upgrade Turn this of --Before you allow one if you feel strongly about this ,back up the systems OS files at least..

i be leave that a system will get whacked if poorly defended or change about with upgrades..as who knows whats being done without you knowing and how can one know.

any let us know whats happening ,i do not want to interfere nor tell people how thy should use there systems But perhaps you may or like to add a good strong fire wall??

itsmejjj

NO Offense

itsmejjj-You have posted to a thread that is discussing a problem someone has with Security Defense in ASC-This makes it very confusing for those of us trying to help that individual.You should first use the Search function to see if there are threads that are on topic regarding your observations or questions before you post.If you find none,you are more than welcome to start your own thread. I enjoy reading your views-please put them in proper context

That's Quite Alright

I see you are very enthusiastic my friend,and I agree with many of your observations.Please do not hesitate to continue to share your views and knowledge with us.You are appreciated here for your contributions!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi daisypearl...

I think its happening due to "Boot Sector Virus", and only solution of this problem is to format the operating system.

Hi michaelclark,

Please read the thread USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS througout.

You have to understand IObit product Advanced SystemCare to come to a conclusion like that.

Please try to find threads and posts about Security Defence of ASC, you will find usefull information in them.

BTW, no such a link for the signature please. It is de-linked!

Cheers.

Archived