IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

taking alot longer then i expected

I am new but i need to find out if 4-5 hrs. is normal for a 225 gb. system that has 62gb, left empty.. i am using deep defrag and optimize, and it just seems like its working slow. i just read to turn on the auto defrag and how that works.any input on if defragging often can be damaging to the computer.. thanks---good morning and god bless you,,,,top of the day to ya.:razz:

Steven- Is this the first time that you have Defragged and Optimized with Smart Defrag? Once your computer has gone through the initial Optimization the process should speed up in subsequent sessions. I have a 2.8 GB system with 2.3 GB free that Smart Defrag usually Optimizes once a day in 2 to 5 minutes, but last night it took a little longer and finished in about 8 minutes.

~Maxx~

Hi steven

Well - you have a bit more than 27% free space, that should be ok Then there is the question of how fragmented the disk was? You did not leave information about the Analyze result.

In addition there can be very large picture or video files that sometimes holds up the process - and peastoyou advice is also very good - mentioned in the program setup by IObit too.

Reading the threads mentioned by enoskype is good advice.

Cheers

solbjerg

I am new but i need to find out if 4-5 hrs. is normal for a 225 gb. system that has 62gb, left empty.. i am using deep defrag and optimize, and it just seems like its working slow. i just read to turn on the auto defrag and how that works.any input on if defragging often can be damaging to the computer.. thanks---good morning and god bless you,,,,top of the day to ya.:razz:

Archived