IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Computer is F*CKED

vman66

I ran the hijack tool and it listed all these windows files so I clicked the check boxes to fix them. Now my computer is completely screwed. Most of the startup items do not start. Most of the windows services are stopped. Basic things like the USB ports are not recognized. Internet and wireless do not work. System restore does not work. What can I do?

good tool ! if used for what it was designed to Do every thing it lists gets deleted to cider space.. did you read the warning's carefully ? ,This is not a reparable

Your Os is just as you Described , So you want to Fix What this tool has Done ,

or rather you told By clicking OK..Sorry Cant be UNDONE its a File Killer ,

You want your Os back to as you had it

Reformat the drive.and install all your application's Nothing, no restore backup will.. Hijack is Know as the ultimate file destroyer!

itsmejjj

S.o.s.

Hi itsmejjj

i like the way u see and face things.

I've noticed that many people -inexperienced in Computing- destroy their system files . They die one by one.

I believe that the dev team of IOBit security 360 and ASC as well must take imediate mesures and in a next update atach warnings

thanks

Been there my self -Proble is like every thing some Go head first and Ether do not Stop and read Warnings or just plane inpatient,or Do not realize what is happening..

Here is the Tool Warning.....

below are the reults of the scan

BE carfull What you Delete,Hijack cannot Determine What is bad and what merely Customized by you .the best thing is save a log file and Show it to Knowleable Folks..

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7

Scan saved at 10:32:10 PM, on 18/07/2009

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.20978)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE

C:\Program Files\Soft4Ever\looknstop\looknstop.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360tray.exe

C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

D:\utorrent(3).exe

D:\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360srv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe

D:\Proxomitron\Proxomitron\Proxomitron.exe

C:\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Favorites

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {47D92EB6-E52C-4cda-92A6-2369963F4913} - siemens32.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Look 'n' Stop] "C:\Program Files\Soft4Ever\looknstop\looknstop.exe" -auto

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iObit Security 360] C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\IS360tray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrojanScanner] C:\Trojan Remover\Trjscan.exe /boot

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [µTorrent] "D:\utorrent(3).exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PeerGuardian] D:\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [D:\NetMeter\NetMeter.exe] D:\NetMeter\NetMeter.exe

O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present

O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present

O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present

O6 - HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbars\Restrictions present

O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'imslsp.dll' missing

O11 - Options group: [iNTERNATIONAL] International*

O11 - Options group: [TABS] Tabbed Browsing

O13 - Gopher Prefix:

So you get a result like this

Now would you destroy it???

NEVER UNLESS you are ready to accept a total reinstall

PLEASE TAKE LOTS OF CARE..

itsmejjj

(BE CAREFUL, DON'T USE IObit Security 360 ?????????)

We are discussing HIJACK ..... program Nothing was mention by its starter about

I OBIT... But i assume YOU meant HIJACK??

I would like you to post A new Tread as to why You Think I obit In your opinion is for you a bad application So the Programmers can Study it and Correct what you found as Not running Properly Or destructive..

many thanks..

Use a live cd such as bartpe ot UBCD, then boot on this cd.

http://community.plus.net/blog/2008/04/03/how-to-recover-from-a-corrupted-registry-that-prevents-windows-xp-from-starting-the-easy-way/

or

http://www.the-pc-guru.com/How_to_restore_the_registry_.php

To carry out the steps described below you must have access to a Microsoft Windows XP installation CD, which you can boot from to access the Recovery Console.

If you don't have a Windows XP CD, you can carry out the same steps using a different boot CD such as Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD. The same principles, if not the same commands, could also be applied when using a Linux-based recovery disc such as the Ultimate Boot CD.

•Check the boot priority in the Bios settings to ensure the computer will boot from CD-Rom.

•Boot from your Windows XP CD.

•Start Windows Setup.

•Press R to access the recovery console.

•Select your Windows installation.

•Type the administrator password (just press enter if you don't have one.)

•Enter the following commands:

CD C:\

CD “system volume information\_resto~1”

DIR

•Pick the restore point (RPx) you wish to use, using the folder date stamps to guide you.

•Enter the commands:

CD RPx (x is the restore point you chose)

CD SNAPSHOT

•Copy the registry backups so that they overwrite the existing registry files:

COPY _registry_machine_system C:\Windows\System32\Config\System

COPY _registry_machine_software C:\Windows\System32\Config\Software

COPY _registry_machine_sam C:\Windows\System32\Config\Sam

COPY _registry_machine_security C:\Windows\System32\Config\Security

COPY _registry_user_.default C:\Windows\System32\Config\Default

•Type the command exit to close the Recovery Console and restart the computer.

Use Last Known Good Configuration

To use the Last Known Good Configuration feature, first restart the computer by pressing [Ctrl][Alt][Delete]. When you see the message Please select the operating system to start or hear the single beep, press [F8] to display the Windows Advanced Options menu. Select the Last Known Good Configuration item from the menu and press [Enter].

Keep in mind that you get only one shot with the Last Known Good Configuration feature. In other words, if it fails to revive your Windows XP on the first attempt, the backup copy is also corrupt.

or

Use SFC /Scannow

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htm

I do not think my computer came with an XP disk and I noticed on the Bart's website that the windows installation cd is required to build a bart pe.

I have a second computer with XP. Can I copy the files I need from my other computer?

I copy pasted the post as further reference and thanks this is handy stuff to have

ok i think if copying System files over one to a ather make sure its the same make and model and you should be ok,,,i have done this many times..

but lets say just for talk ,,if you or i had Xp 2 2nd one made trying to copy past system file to a version 7 Of (XP model) will or may crash the System..

as a rule if thy are closely Build ,you would or Should be Ok..also keep a eye on

what you copy ,

if the file is there You will see your pc tell you Cant past as its in use..

meaning just that.But its Corrupted.. and that's why although you know or rather the file is left there ,Because the scanner tried to remove it ,and the system protected it and failed ..yet Smeared by the Kill app. leaving it unusable....

if you have a install XP CD..=====

Do this..power out of the wall OK....

Now after all of this fails ,Remove the drive replace it in the pc that's working

Power ON --the wall Switch

reinstall the System to the sick drive ,(let it Boot ), install--

power off ..the wall

than replace it back..to the pc where you removed it close it up (box.and presto) your all ok ..

power on the wall ---- and start the cp

I reread your post (if you have a xp cd..)

vman66

Any relation to our own beloved vman? Anyway,if you didn't get a Win CD with your rig,perhaps you have the recovery partition built in on another drive,This is very typical of HP and Compaq products.Through Explorer(if it's working) look for a chunk of data @ 1.5 to 2 GB in size on drive D: or possibly E,F,H Etc.If it's there,you can usually access it by repeatedly pressing the F10 key at boot. Once executed,it will "reinstall" the basic Windows package that you had when the PC was new.You'll be without everything else you've added along the way,but you'll be up and running.The other option you might try first is to boot up in Safe mode by pressing the F8 key at boot and then select the "Last Know Good..." from the list of options.This is a one time shot here,so if it fails,try the first option I described.

Any relation to our own beloved vman? Anyway,if you didn't get a Win CD with your rig,perhaps you have the recovery partition built in on another drive,This is very typical of HP and Compaq products.Through Explorer(if it's working) look for a chunk of data @ 1.5 to 2 GB in size on drive D: or possibly E,F,H Etc.If it's there,you can usually access it by repeatedly pressing the F10 key at boot. Once executed,it will "reinstall" the basic Windows package that you had when the PC was new.You'll be without everything else you've added along the way,but you'll be up and running.The other option you might try first is to boot up in Safe mode by pressing the F8 key at boot and then select the "Last Know Good..." from the list of options.This is a one time shot here,so if it fails,try the first option I described.

I am not 100% sure, but I do believe that at least HP offers an option called "safe recovery" (or smilar), which will pretty much only reinstall the OS and leave all your files alone. A complete recovery, like you've described is possible as well, of course.

Restore HijackThis backups

* Open HijackThis and go to Open the Misc Tools Section

* At the top of that section click the Backups button.

* You will then be presented with a screen with all the lines that you removed with HijackThis.

* Put a check against all the lines and select Restore

hi everybody

there is one thing i don't understand.

today's computers and operating systems have so many improved possibilities for recovering that u can not loose your system even if u try hard!!

1) if the system load but incorrectly

Get in start/all programs/recovery manager/recovery manager

click advanced options and go on (no disks neaded. there is partition d: recovery file)

2) if u can or can't boot find the appropriate f-key for system recovery and press it the right moment.....

or go thru F8 ,,(advanced start options > repair my computer)

thanks

Archived