IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Software Informer

Nash

OK guys, there is a way to keep the former utilities, if a new ASC setup file has a possibility to delete them.

Rename by adding a number such as 1 at the end of the name of a utility, then it will not be deleted by the new setup file. You will have all of them in ASC Utilities.

Examples:

Sup_DAP.exe=>Sup_DAP1.exe

Sup_DriverUpdate.exe=>Sup_DriverUpdate1.exe

Sup_FirefoxTCP.exe=>Sup_FirefoxTCP1.exe

Sup_softinfo.exe=>Sup_softinfo1.exe

Sut_DiskExplorer.exe=>Sut_DiskExplorer1.exe

Cheers.

Enoskype

That's a nice little trick.What happens on the GUI when you keep an extra utility? Fx. I keep the FF TCP Optimizer,and the new install gives me Internet Booster-Do they all "crowd" together,or do only the "new" utilities occupy the GUI leaving you to access the older ones directly from the folder? I'm sure individual short-cuts could be made,right? And what is Software Informer replacing?

A scroll bar is created for that specific section of Utilities on the GUI if there are more icons than the space supplied and all of them appear on the GUI.

I thik this is an answer to all of the other questions.

If you think one of the utilities is too crowded with icons, then you can change the prefix of a specific one to others as Sup_, Sut_, or Sus_.

Cheers detailer.

What is the name of the file to open software Informer then?

You can just look into your ASC folder and find a similar name starting with Sup_, Sus_, or Sut_.

Cheers.

Sup_IFM

Cheers

While on the Subject..

Can files be copied from ASC (say to Docs.)without renaming them,and then be copied back after an upgrade? Would they be functional? Would the same scroll down application apply to the GUI? I feel like messing with something!

I have it too, I use ASC freeware and it appeared when I checked for Updates so I downloaded and installed.

It tells me VLC is out of date but VLC says I am not. Same for ZoneAlarm

There may be more but the scary one is Windows Defender, it says:

My Version: 1.1.1593

Update Version: 6.1.7100

There is no way I am taking that leap :shock:

I will wait to see what is happening.

Nash, can you tell me the version info of Sup_softinfo.exe in your ASC folder?

The only thing I could find resembling this is:

Sup_IFM

File Version: 1.0.0.12

All the best, woz of oz

Go ahead detailer, all you say is possibe,b ut renaming them (just adding a number at the end of the name) (if you don't delete the ASC folder) is best way to keep them and the new comers in the ASC folder.

Guys, I don't have Sup_IFM in my ASC 3.3.4.666 folder.

EDIT: It is in the update, now I have seen it.

Hi detailer,

In wozofoz' case,

-SI is right for ZoneAlarm the latest is 8.0.400.20. I downloaded it. (ZA Pro program update says that there is no update.)

-SI is right and wrong for VLC, as the fault comes from software itself. The former one was 1.0.0.99 and the latest one is 1.0.0 (I noticed that when installing it a while ago.)

-SI is wrong for Windows Defender, as 6.1.7100 version is for Vista and 1.1.1593 is the version for XP. (Although Vista's version is later, SI should know that the OS was XP.)

Cheers.

Very good enoskype

Goes to show once again that you have to be very well informed to use an informer. :-)

I tried Secunia a month or so ago when I somehow had lost a sound driver, Secunia found nothing amiss, but my device manager told me I had none.

The way I found it was through the sound card vendors site, from where I downloaded the best driver for my setup - and heureka - everything worked again.

But the informer programs can often help you find a place from where to download your driver - this can be a fine help - but take care and check and double check before putting all your eggs in the basket. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi detailer,

In wozofoz' case,

-SI is right for ZoneAlarm the latest is 8.0.400.20. I downloaded it. (ZA Pro program update says that there is no update.)

-SI is right and wrong for VLC, as the fault comes from software itself. The former one was 1.0.0.99 and the latest one is 1.0.0 (I noticed that when installing it a while ago.)

-SI is wrong for Windows Defender, as 6.1.7100 version is for Vista and 1.1.1593 is the version for XP. (Although Vista's version is later, SI should know that the OS was XP.)

Cheers.

ehy Iobit very cool program, BUT the scan of the versions of programs installed must be improved, cause Software Informer:

1) found BETA VERSIONS like updates (for example teamspeak 3);

2) says that the latest version is one, but is another (for example Software Informer says: "ehy the version 1.1 is available" but the real updated version is 1.2);

3) CAN NOT recognize if the program installed maybe is ALREADY update (this because maybe cause Software Informer read the version from "installed applications" of windows), for example: I install a program (version 1.0), after 1 month I update it to version 1.1 (but in the list of "installed applications" of windows remain in the name that is 1.0), and Software Informer says that I have the version 1.0 and 1.1 is available.

And, a strange thing, Software Informer found new versions for example for internet explorer 8 or windows media player 11 but from windows update (or other) there are 0 updates O_O

I know that this is only a beta, keep up the good work !!

Same Old Crap

I do like the "your own web page" feature for the sake of convenience,but the usual run around to find the upgrades.Specifically Intel and Realtek devices.Once again,sent to a web page where the download was not available,and then bounced to the manufacturer's page where you have to start from scratch,because it's the home page-not the page where the download is located.Now wading through all the drop-down menus searching for device numbers and then looking for the latest versions,only to find they don't exist as reported by SI.Same run around with any Dell devices-off to their website where it all begins again.This is total BS!! If a program is going to seek out,and recommend an upgrade,it should be geared to deliver me directly to the location on the site where the actual download of the latest available version can be obtained-Period!! This might be OK for letting you know that ASC is a version behind(which it did),but that like an decent utility has auto-updates or at least a notifier for a new version.Sorry,but once again,I think SI stands for Stupid and Inept.Not even worth 2KB on my hard drive.

Archived