IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Beta 2.1 Problematic

alex30

Since using the 2.1 version I have had an intermittent problem [80% bad]

My desktop loads as does my notification area but thats as far as it goes. Although there was every indication of an Internet connection any attempt to access the net resulted in a freeze up . Likewise if I tried to open a programme. Eventually I twigged that 360 was the culprit and disabling it from the start up menu has resulted in normal working order.

Regards Alex

Hi Danburrito,

I did a reinstall of Windows today as I couldn't figure the problem and I visited the IOBit site and downloaded 2.1 again ! It was when my problems persisted that I sussed it. Any way thanks for the link. The 2.2 is working good apart from the return of a problem I had with 2.0 . That is a very brief flash of an error screen at boot up. Its so fast I can't read it and no error report is showing on my system. There is also no bug report.

Any ideas ?

Regards Alex

The 2.2 is working good apart from the return of a problem I had with 2.0 . That is a very brief flash of an error screen at boot up. Its so fast I can't read it and no error report is showing on my system. There is also no bug report.

Any ideas ?

Regards Alex

If you cannot read it, are you sure it's a 360 error report and not related to another application?

If you cannot read it, are you sure it's a 360 error report and not related to another application?

Hi danburrito

Good point. It is very much like the error screen I used to get with the Beta 1 version which stayed on the screen. Also I disabled the 2.2 from a start up and got no error screen but it was back again with 2.2 enabled. So I am sure its the culprit but I just don't know its significance.

Regards Alex.

Hi danburrito

Good point. It is very much like the error screen I used to get with the Beta 1 version which stayed on the screen. Also I disabled the 2.2 from a start up and got no error screen but it was back again with 2.2 enabled. So I am sure its the culprit but I just don't know its significance.

Regards Alex.

Hrmm, does Windows Event Log give any clues?

Try turning the automatic update off at startup, and see if it still does it?

Hi Danburrito,

You got it ! No error screen when Update checker switched off which leads to the conclusion that the checking for updates is the problem.

Don,t know what I can do about it though. Do you ?

Hi Danburrito,

You got it ! No error screen when Update checker switched off which leads to the conclusion that the checking for updates is the problem.

Don,t know what I can do about it though. Do you ?

I would think, that 360 tries to check for an update before you are connected to the 'net and therefore gives an error.

Nonetheless, it _should_ log the error.

Maybe IObit can build in a slight delay or something?

I would think, that 360 tries to check for an update before you are connected to the 'net and therefore gives an error.

Nonetheless, it _should_ log the error.

Maybe IObit can build in a slight delay or something?

You could well be right. It doesn't happen every time I switch on but most times which could fit in with your theory. The odd thing is it happened with Beta 2.0 but was fixed in 2.1 and is now back in 2.2.

I will have to wait for 2.3

Anyway thanks for your input. It's appreciated.

Alex

Archived