IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Scans slow when interface open

alex30

Hi,

I am using ASC version 3.3.4. and have a problem with the scanning. When the user interface is open the scan and also the cleanup just crawls along and it takes ages to get anywhere. However if I minimise ASC to the notification ares things just bat along but I obviously can't see the progress .

I have tried running it with my anti virus,enamelware and firewall all disabled but it made no difference.

Is there anything that I can do ?

Regards Alex.

Hi enoskype,

The CPU usage with the interface open was a steady 100%.

With ASC minimised to the system tray it varied between 55 and 100 % although it was mainly at 100 % or close.

One interesting thing was the CPU was at 60% when I was on the desk top with nothing running. The System Idle process accounted for all of that. When I went to Google, my home page, CPU dropped to 10%.

Is this normal ?

Regards Alex

alex30, do you look to the CPU usage from the CPU column?

It is better to open the processes tab in Task Manager and clicking twice on CPU will sort the processes according to max CPU usage. (show processes from all users checkbox should be checked.)

Cheers.

Those particular results were Desktop.

While we are on I have run Disk check a couple of times but when it gets to the end it just disappears without giving any kind of report. Is this as it should be or is there somewhere I can find a report.?

Alex

Hi,

CPU usage is normal when scanning.

For disk check, that's how it is, to see the results please follow the procedure below.

start=>Run=>type cmd=>enter=> command prompt window=>type chkdsk=> enter

Wait until it ends and gives a report on the black screen.

If it finds errors that it can't fix when the windows is running, then follow the same instructions, but this time typing chkdsk /F and enter Y to the question and close the window, and Restart Windows.

Wait it to finish the checking disk at boot.

Cheers.

Archived