IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart ram

Bjer

Replacement Ram for Dell Dimension 8200

I think my Dell 8200 ()400 FSB) uses RDRAM.

It has 4 total Rims with 2 loaded @ 256 each for a total of 512.

I can't quote prices off the top of my head, but my tech said it was Ram that is not available anymore, and if I could order it, it would be "expensive". Loading an additional matching pair of 256 RDRAM chips might also create BIOS upgrade issues yada yada

I think annother pair of 256 RDRam chips for my Dell Dimension 8200 would be something like $150??

skyliner- Thanks for the screenshots they explain a lot! I run Smart Ram in the background on my computer which consumes a constant amount of RAM between 500k and 1.2 MB from the time it starts with Windows Vista. This is worth the investment of resources to me because Vista unlike XP can be a huge resource hog when there is 3 GB of RAM to deal with and running Smart Ram along with some heavy modifications of the Services in Vista (now 37 at boot) has cut my daily RAM usage from 1.5 GB per day down to less than 700 MB so the investment of <1.2 MB of RAM has literally helped cut my daily RM usage by a typical 800+ MB of RAM each day which to me constitutes a great return on the investment!

~Maxx~

Archived