IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

False Positive - XP Security Center turned off

I manually set Security Center to NOT notify me when things are turned off. The damned little taskbar popup is annoying.

IOBit 360 reports the fact that it's turned off as malware. It's not.

And it doesn't report it on my other machine, which has all the same settings except it uses Comodo Free firewall so the Windows Fireqall is turned off on it.

Here's the scan report:

IObit Security 360

Version:0.2.2.8

Define Version:1088

Time:7/28/2009 11:42:53 AM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Disabled.SecurityCenter, Registry Data, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center Value=AntiVirusDisableNotify, 6-554

Disabled.SecurityCenter, Registry Data, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center Value=FirewallDisableNotify, 6-555

Disabled.SecurityCenter, Registry Data, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center Value=UpdatesDisableNotify, 6-556

SS&D also thinks that the results are because of malware-spyware activation in the PC.

Infact, non of those softwares understand whether or not the values are changed by malware , user or a legitimate firewall-antivirus software.

Best thing to do is to put them in the ignored list if you are sure about the reason of the changes.

Cheers.

I manually set Security Center to NOT notify me when things are turned off. The damned little taskbar popup is annoying.

IOBit 360 reports the fact that it's turned off as malware. It's not.

And it doesn't report it on my other machine, which has all the same settings except it uses Comodo Free firewall so the Windows Fireqall is turned off on it.

For the inexperienced user, it would be a welcomed report if their Security Center or Firewall has been disabled by malware.

For those who 'knew' what they were doing when they disabled these services, it it a nuisance that takes about 2 seconds to add to the ignore list.

Archived