IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

screen prints

garybear

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no problems

Just looks like a successful check disc and repair to me.Lets see if anyone else has an opinion.Are you having any problems?

Not having any problems. A balloon told me to do disk check,so I did. I thought I'd ask the experts if they saw any thing. I also did a scannow. It also went well. That system tray thing was a deal with Macrium. Its ok now. I got my credit card and purchased pro ASC3. Its doing good also. Darn guys and gals I can't find any thing to keep you all busy (lol) Thanks.Live well my friends.

gary

looks like widows is not happy with one of the background services running in iobit360. Often these are harmless. But if your a tweaker every little error bugs you till you got it fixed.

you will have to wait for Tim to come online to see if its one to ignore or a reinstall of 360.

Start ups.If any of these need to be disabled ,please advise me which ones. Thanks.

You can find the service I was talking about by going to:

START > RUN >
type:
services.msc

Scroll down to IS360service and see if that service is disabled. If it is, set it to Automatic and then restart. That should fix it.

Trim the Fat

Hi Gary-You're running a Dell? If so,all of the "igfx" entries can go.They are the Intel graphics accelerator group.You shouldn't need the "HP" entries-your printer,right? The SoundMax-audio can work on demand.The PrnSys-your screencapture-ctfmon.exe-useless,but will probably reinstate itself about 30 times,but will eventually give up.In a nutshell,only your security really needs to run at boot.If you find you have to wait too long for some of the other programs "on demand" you may add them back.The only things I run at boot are security and Anvir Task Manager.You can double check all of these with a Run Command of msconfig > start-up tab. In addition to Dan-if you have trouble getting that to restart,right click on the entry and choose Properties > Dependencies.Though it should not show any,if it does,make sure any service shown is set to auto and restarted as well.

Gary

Almost forgot.There's a directory from Uniblue called Process Library -Comes in handy, and faster than the Google approach.Also,when you go to that page,click on the tab "Quicklink".That's an option to add another handy gadget to your own Task Manager to quickly identify processes running on your PC.Try it.Then when you want a real look at what's going on,I recommend Anvir Task Manager.If you like the free version,I can point you to an older paid version now offered free.

You can find the service I was talking about by going to:

START > RUN >
type:
services.msc

Scroll down to IS360service and see if that service is disabled. If it is, set it to Automatic and then restart. That should fix it.

its already auto, but thanks for your post

Hi, detailer,

of the "igfx" entries can go.

I guess I can wipe them off my startup list as well and I use Open Office, so it should be okay to remove ctfmon.exe too? Also, should I need that SunJavaUpdateSheduler running as I update it manually.

Yeah Ted

Anything you absolutely don't need at boot can go.You can always put it back if need be.There's another reason I recommend ATM-Any given utility may initiate say,two services,and as many as four or five processes(sometimes more),and then registry items as well. In other words,there's more running than meets the eye(of Win Task Manager).

Hi, detailer,

I guess I can wipe them off my startup list as well and I use Open Office, so it should be okay to remove ctfmon.exe too? Also, should I need that SunJavaUpdateSheduler running as I update it manually.

Wow nice screen print MR.Ted.Can I ask you what program you use??

Whats next

Almost forgot.There's a directory from Uniblue called Process Library -Comes in handy, and faster than the Google approach.Also,when you go to that page,click on the tab "Quicklink".That's an option to add another handy gadget to your own Task Manager to quickly identify processes running on your PC.Try it.Then when you want a real look at what's going on,I recommend Anvir Task Manager.If you like the free version,I can point you to an older paid version now offered free.

Ok whats next MR.detailer ?? When I click on recommended on the right side, it takes me to spyware eraser. Whats that and do I down load that also? Totally confused.Don't know what I'm doing,need help.[Gary] I think I have figured it out sir. Nice program. Thank you once again for your knowledge.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/FSCapture.jpg

I find that FS Capture does a very faithfull job to the original which comes through even after conversion to .jpeg and going through a photo uploader as the screen capture above has.

~Maxx~

Just found a simple way to remove ctfmon.exe. I've rebooted a couple of times and it hasn't come back.

To turn off ctfmon.exe go to Control Panel>Regional and Language Options>Languages>Details>Advanced, and check the box that says "Turn off advanced text services."

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/FSCapture.jpg

I find that FS Capture does a very faithfull job to the original which comes through even after conversion to .jpeg and going through a photo uploader as the screen capture above has.

~Maxx~

Wow now that's a screen print!!!!!

Just curious

Just curious . Was just wondering why asc3 finds 148 n/a entries or more every time it deep cleans registry .When I do a jump to entry,they all say the same thing and are in HKEY USERS. It doesn't tell me a thing about what they are. I always repair them without any problems ( that I know of). Are they the same ones every time and windows is putting them back in registry.If windows is putting them back after asc3 repairs them, seems kind a dumb to repair them and then have windows put them right back, but what do I know (lol) This has probably been answered before, but I couldn't find it in search, Just curious,not a big problem for me. I just got my credit card and purchased the pro version. I had the free trial version and it had ran out, so hadn't been using the deep clean feature .

thanks

garybear- The ASC Registry Cleaner sometimes also finds similar high numbers of results when run on my computer, but then on other occasions it will find only a few or none at all.

~Maxx~

ok Thanks for your post Maxx.

Archived