IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

screen prints

garybear

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ASC vs CCleaner

I find ASC to be by far,the more aggressive registry cleaner,but CCleaner finds more junk and temps.Use them both.I think Gary's shots are somehow routed through his printer if I remember correctly.I'm sure he'll be proud to explain it again.They are nice,aren't they?

garybear- What screenshot tool are you using?

~Maxx~

Yes detailer is right. I have hp psc 1350 all-in-one printer, and the program is with it. There are some freeware programs,but I haven't tried any as I am very satisfied with what I have. Thank you for your post,sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I find ASC to be by far,the more aggressive registry cleaner,but CCleaner finds more junk and temps.Use them both.

CCleaner does find a lot of leftover junk after program installations and uninstalls. I once uninstalled a video production program called Muvee and CCleaner found just over 1,000 remnants to be removed. Just for the sake of comparison I used MV RegClean to evaluate the same situation and it found 2,040 registry keys and values that needed to be removed.

I use both the ASC Registry Cleaner and MV RegClean because they seem to be covering different areas.

~Maxx~

I have hp psc 1350 all-in-one printer, and the program is with it. There are some freeware programs,but I haven't tried any as I am very satisfied with what I have. Thank you for your post,sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I was just wondering what program you were using because those are some fine looking screen captures. I have been using the 1.7 MB FreeStone Capture Tool which saves files in BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF and PDF formats.

~Maxx~

Darn

your print screen shots are first class. Just trawled through my hp 2575 all in one software for copy/print/scan etc but no joy no hp print screen tool.

Darn it;sorry sunny staines. Thank you for your nice comment. It is a great tool.I'm not real good explaining thing, so this really helps me. As the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words or some thing like that. Thanks for your post.

Hi, Maxxwire,

I use both the ASC Registry Cleaner and MV RegClean because they seem to be covering different areas.

I've just run ASC, CCleaner and Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, then tried MV RegClean. It found 188 entries! The only ones that concern me a bit are a couple of Uninstall Logs as I had a problem uninstalling a programme a while ago because the uninstaller couldn't find the Uninstall Log file. I know I can untick entries that I want to keep and it can create a backup, but is this tool safe, in your opinion?

RegSeeker

Hi everyone does anyone use RegSeeker? I have used it for years,no problems that I know of. I also have Eusing. I have the opinion that you can get to clean with registry cleaners. Opinions are like xxx xxxxx everyone has a least one.(lol) I'm really quite boring and don't install programs very often. I stay around 12- 14 GB on my C drive. My subscription to ASC3 pro ran out;waiting for credit card so I can buy new license, anyone want to loan me 20$(lol). As I have mentioned in a past thread, I use Macrium Reflect to back up my OS, so I'm fearless because I know I can be back up running in less than 30 minutes. I haven't blue lined in a long time, so I'm probably about ready. Thank you everyone for the nice comments on my screen prints.Live well my friends.[garybear]Ps Damn I'm windy!!!!!

Hi there, Gary,

I always use RegSeeker to find and delete redundant entries after uninstalling a programme. I once used it a lot for registry cleaning and it always found about 350 entries, but only about ten green (safe to delete ones). Now, after running my other cleaners it still finds about 350 entries, but only one or two safe to delete ones.

Hi there, Gary,

I always use RegSeeker to find and delete redundant entries after uninstalling a programme. I once used it a lot for registry cleaning and it always found about 350 entries, but only about ten green (safe to delete ones). Now, after running my other cleaners it still finds about 350 entries, but only one or two safe to delete ones.

WOW RegSeeker still finds 350 entries after ASC3?? I like RegSeeker to clean up after uninstalling a program also. I really like this option(Find in registry). Even after using Revo uninstaller,Regseeker will find some left behind with this option. Turn RegSeeker loose Ted. You need to see if Macrium works.(lol)Live well my friend.

gary bear

I find with the hp all in one software it is easily messed up with registry checkers.

eusing, ASC, & CCleaner are ok.

but most others mess it up so that several functions no longer work unless the software is reinstalled.

if using WINASO reg checker care fully deselect any hp entries it throws up, as for glary and wise reg checkers do try them they really mess with hp.

I was just wondering what program you were using because those are some fine looking screen captures. I have been using the 1.7 MB FreeStone Capture Tool which saves files in BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF and PDF formats.

~Maxx~

FastStone Capture is the best I've ever used. The paid version let's you record a video of your desktop with mouse movements, clicks and sound if you've got a microphone hooked up.

Macrium,Reg Seeker etc.

For Gary,a little objective comparison of back-up utilities here ,and look to your PM box later today regarding ASC.With respect to Reg Seeker,I use it right after Revo like toilet paper after a crap.The "find in" feature is great.I also use it for more than just the "green" entries-the "invalid" ones appear to be safe as well.I leave the "unopened path" entries,because the fact that you haven't used "the path" yet doesn't mean you won't.A word of caution regarding Reg Seeker's ability to restore deleted entries-it's weak here-maybe 80% at best.My safety net here comes in the form of Wise Registry Cleaner 4 Pro.It has the capability of a full registry back-up which I've tested and found to be very reliable.I've tried Eusing and have yet to look at MV,but will.

Is this dskchk good

Hi experts and friends. I was wondering if any thing here looks suspicious. Its all Greek to me. Any help or advice appreciated. It sure is nice to have a bunch of smart friends especially when your a dumb xxx like me.(lol)

Archived