IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

REgistry Fix Deleting start up programmes

paleeagle

Hello all.

After updating my ASC to the newest version last weekend. I performed a scan on the registry.

It came up with a hell of a lot of errors compared to the week before, but I thought hey that must be a good new version. So I backed up, and repaired them.

Unfortunately when I next restarted the computer not one of my start up programmes opened.

Bullgaurd

Kalender

Nvidia control panel.

I didnt twig that it could be ASC that caused this as it was the following day and I had forgotten. But when I thought it could be I tried to "restore" and that didnt work.

So started looking elsewehere

I scanned for viruses etc and nothing. Tried doing a system restore, only to find out that it was turned off from the last time I had a virus (i forgot to turn it back on after removing trojan)

Finally got some advice and managed to check the registy and had to manually re-add the strings for each programme so that they could start up again.

The check box within the programmes that says "start with windows" keep unchecking themselves.

ANYWAY

Did another reg scan today with ASC and checked the errors it found this time. and it was going to delete the start up keys again.

What could be causing this?

Sorry if this all sounds confusing.

Hope someone can help.

Hi paleeagle

Please read Usage of IObit Products

Your problem has to do with not placing the programs you prefer to keep running in the Ignore list by clicking on "problems during a scan - before clicking repair (first times do not use Care button")

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello all.

After updating my ASC to the newest version last weekend. I performed a scan on the registry.

It came up with a hell of a lot of errors compared to the week before, but I thought hey that must be a good new version. So I backed up, and repaired them.

Unfortunately when I next restarted the computer not one of my start up programmes opened.

Bullgaurd

Kalender

Nvidia control panel.

I didnt twig that it could be ASC that caused this as it was the following day and I had forgotten. But when I thought it could be I tried to "restore" and that didnt work.

So started looking elsewehere

I scanned for viruses etc and nothing. Tried doing a system restore, only to find out that it was turned off from the last time I had a virus (i forgot to turn it back on after removing trojan)

Finally got some advice and managed to check the registy and had to manually re-add the strings for each programme so that they could start up again.

The check box within the programmes that says "start with windows" keep unchecking themselves.

ANYWAY

Did another reg scan today with ASC and checked the errors it found this time. and it was going to delete the start up keys again.

What could be causing this?

Sorry if this all sounds confusing.

Hope someone can help.

I have tried that now thanks for the advice.

However and this is the odd bit.

I can only add one of them to the ignor list. Should they stay on there indefinately?

If I add Bullgaurd. Next scan it will find Kalender. If I then add kalender it will remove Bullgaurd from the list. Never ending cyle.

Archived