IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Automatic Database Updates

smoaky

comon guys at IObit

How hard is it to implement automatic updates???????????

Splash screen becomes annoying.

One of the top reasons I uninstall AV/AV Apps is...............

Lack of auto -update function !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either incorporate auto-dates or your app will become one of the several crappy so-called "full function" security apps that are not full function and wind up NEVER being installed

Please explain why it is so hard for a company that supplies such a great security program as your refuses to enable FREE auto-updates????????????

comon guys at IObit

How hard is it to implement automatic updates???????????

Splash screen becomes annoying.

One of the top reasons I uninstall AV/AV Apps is...............

Lack of auto -update function !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either incorporate auto-dates or your app will become one of the several crappy so-called "full function" security apps that are not full function and wind up NEVER being installed

Please explain why it is so hard for a company that supplies such a great security program as your refuses to enable FREE auto-updates????????????

360 is still in beta... other things are more important to fix/add to the application than automatic updates at the moment, I'd think. Don't you agree?

360 is still in beta... other things are more important to fix/add to the application than automatic updates at the moment, I'd think. Don't you agree?

No,respectfully I don't agree :-?

Having database updates automatically installed without user intervention,is of the most importance.Zero day Attacks/exploits can only be stopped by auto updates.Relying on the user to apply manual updates is opening the door for attacks of the users PC.

If you consider: quote

"other things are more important to fix/add to the application than automatic updates"

is more important than what I mentioned above then IObit is in the wrong software business...IMHO.

Take care and stay web safe

Dr. Carl's Computer Clinic

No,

Security leaks should have been tested for and corrected before releasing any security program,beta or not. Sorry that is just my uneducated opinion :-?

I understand that testing a security app. in Beta puts people at risk to security leaks (thus the reason for the disclaimer) but I think it is wrong for the public to become guinea pigs for a nasty Virus,etc. slipping thru a Beta version and destroying someones PC and then telling IObit that "gee my PC just got infected...oh well I guess you might want to fix that security leak while I go and try to clean up my PC or possibly have to do a fresh install of my OS".

I am not upset and I hope you understand my concern :wink:

Beta testing a non-security application would be different IMHO and not as risky to ones PC

I enjoy our conversations and I think that you will have a very good app here

once you get all the bugs worked out.

I hope in some way I have helped and not hindered the development of this app.

Take care and stay web safe.

Archived