IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Firefox Hits One Billion

detailer

I've downloaded dozens of versions of Firefox from from the first installation to the present v3.52 so I suppose that each one of the downloads for every version by every user adds up to this '1 Billion downloads'. It would be interesting to know just how many people comprise the number of core users who are actually using Firefox as their main web browser.

~Maxx~

Detailer- I uninstalled v3.52 and installed v3.0.13 and Firefox now remembers passwords perfectly! Thanks again for the suggestion!

~Maxx~

PS- The odd thing to me is that my Firefox v3.51 Portable App always could remember passwords while the installed versions of 3.5X could not.

Go FireFox :grin:

I also like Opera, it has a very smoooooth feel about it, but it doesn't have the 'extensions/widgets' I need

I use Firefox as my second string browser also, but reluctantly as of late because after v3.5 it does not remember passwords although none of the 11 versions of Firefox 3.0 that I ran had this problem.

I don't know what the difference is but I'm using the latest version 3.5.2 and have no problems with passwords. I've never had a problem with any version.

All the log-in forms I selected to remember are filled out, when I return I am always logged in :?:

All the best, woz of oz

Petit- If you have downloaded more than just your current version of Firefox over the years like the rest of us have then you are much more than one in a billion.

~Maxx~

I've used FireFox since version 2.0.

I'm glad to hear that Firefox 3.52 is working so well for so many of you, but I downloaded and installed Firefox 3.5, 3.51 and 3.52 and none of them would offer to save a password, but when I downloaded and installed 3.0.13 the password memory function worked perfectly just as it had in all of the versions of 2.0 and 3.0 that I had used over the years.

And I'm not the only one experiencing this problem...

That 3.5 series is still buggy-Gone back to 3.0.13 till they sort it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Fwiw

Go FireFox :grin:

I also like Opera, it has a very smoooooth feel about it, but it doesn't have the 'extensions/widgets' I need

I don't know what the difference is but I'm using the latest version 3.5.2 and have no problems with passwords. I've never had a problem with any version.

All the log-in forms I selected to remember are filled out, when I return I am always logged in :?:

All the best, woz of oz

I had the same login / password 3.52 error.

Did a lot of things and nothing worked. (yeah, I know that;s pretty vague).

I just upgraded to FF 3.6 Beta.

Login /n passowrds work.

"Open hyperlinked pics in a new tab" works now, too.

Marc

Archived