IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Restore Center Backup Dates and Changes

Cel

XP Pro Sp2

AWC Free

Version 2.5.1.798

Data Base 2007-6-29

Signature number 38947

Newbie here. When I ask the program to create a restore point there are no points listed in AWC Restore Center. Should I see a list of points the program created? Nothing is listed in "Backup dates" and "Changes"

My friend also installed the program this weekend and noticed the same thing.

When I go to my restore point viewer provided by the operating system it indicates a point has been created.

Do I have a settings incorrect?

Thanks

Take Care

Celeste

Hi Cel.

When you first install the program, it will ask if you want to create a system restore point. This will create a restore point in windows system restore and will show there. Also, when you run a scan & repair, you can have the program store backups of any changes you have made. You can go to Restore Center-Settings and select what changes you want to back up, and the maximum amount of backups to keep (last 20,ect.) When you repair everything from the main scan window, it will create a backup in the Restore center each time of what you selected under settings. This backup will not show in restore center until the program has been closed (not just to the tray) and re-opened the next time. You can then put the backups back in if you need to. samr.

"When you repair everything "

Thank you for the reply.

Does this mean that I must check every feature and allow a repair of all them? Or can I choose only certain ones to do the repairs and then do a restore.

I am still shy about repairing everything and only chose the spyware ones.

Cel

Hi Cel,

What I meant by "repair everything from the main scan window" is this:

If you run a scan in it comes up with things to fix, you can click "see details" in each section and see what it is recommending you fix. If there is something you do not want to change, un-check it. (If it is something you never want to change, in several of the different sections you can click on the item, then right click and tell it to ignore. Then it will not come up the next scan). When finished with the first section, hit OK and you can go to the next section.

When you have gone to through the last one, hit OK and return to the main scan page and hit repair. The next time you open the program there will be a backup listed in the restore center that you can put back in if you need to. The items it will backup are the ones you choose in Restore Center-Settings.

One more thing- If you are on a "see details" page and repair from that page, they will not be backed up.That is why I suggested that you "repair everything (that you want to) from the main scan page. That way it will create a backup>

samr.

Archived