IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Security Hole problems [SOLVED]

enoskype

Not at all sunny, but either I have a false Security Hole problem, or a bug in security Holes utility.

The Check on the main program shows 1 security holes found, but it is shown on the Security Holes window as Security Holes (0) with empty page through Show Details.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1117&d=1248630053

Cheers.

Got ya beat! Mine shows 3 security holes on the scan and none listed in the security holes log. LOL. This is on my XP home system. BTW, it shoes 528 privacy problems even though I have all of the boxes unchecked under the privacy settings. I am the only person with access to this machine and have no need to delete my browser history and such.

I have the same issue as post # 20407 ....

but I have 4 security holes found ....

I can't see a reason or answer in the posts in this section except to clear browser history ...so I did that and the 4 holes are still found when I run the scan again...

any other thing to try or is this a bug that does need looked into further?

thanks for the assist.

yoke

Another thing I saw in these posts was to try Windows Vulnerability Scanner 1.36 and to see what it found,,,,

It found 4 issues as well so.....

I click the links to go to the MS pages to download the fixes and when I do so I get more messages that I have the wrong version of this or that and the download is not needed ....

I too figure I'll wait and see what the guru's have to say ...

The hotfix for Windows Messenger, which was redundant since SP2, is still there in the Security Holes section. For the "reason" I described above, it can't be applied, and thus I don't understand why this issue has not fixed yet, or was there in the first place. :S Yes, I'm running a fully updated installation of Windows XP SP3.

security holes

Would like to say this is a pretty good program especially b-cause it's free and it really works.I always try to send feedback thanks for such a great program.

1)When looking for security holes the program finds them but the main security hole scan w/page results does not show anything to fix.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O.k. w/that said I read some posts "probably should have done that first."and found that were still in the beta stage so there will be issues and they will get worked out in due time.Just wanted to point some peeps in the right direction,it's still a good idea to post your problems so the developers can make the adjustments.So I understand and am glad to be able to test out such a great program.Looking forward to more updates.Great job.

same problem

also show 3 security holes in version 2.2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there are no fixes for this could this be something to do with xp and its security adviser?

john thanks for the time

false Security Holes reports addressed in new Version 3.0

Download the lastest version 3.0 and see what happens. My mystery security hole has disappeared. Bug in software and not your PC. :grin:The function seems to work correctly now.

Security Holes (Problem Solved)

Would like to say this is a pretty good program especially b-cause it's free and it really works.I always try to send feedback thanks for such a great program.

1)When looking for security holes the program finds them but the main security hole scan w/page results does not show anything to fix.

O.k. w/that said I read some posts "probably should have done that first."and found that were still in the beta stage so there will be issues and they will get worked out in due time.Just wanted to point some peeps in the right direction,it's still a good idea to post your problems so the developers can make the adjustments.So I understand and am glad to be able to test out such a great program.Looking forward to more updates.Great job.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have updated to newer version #3 Iobit 360 ty.Seems to be o.k. now.

Also when checking pc security analysis it says your pc is secure and a green check mark is shown.No more security holes,problem solved.

"Perfect and thanks again"

Have a really nice day.8)

Archived