IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Automated Update Never Stops Running

joeciaccio

frequently I find my computer CPU maxed out and the dual core at 50+% utilization. The IObit automated update icon is in the tray of running applications, but when I manually run an update the software quickly reports I am up to date.

I am running Advanced System Care Pro v. 3.3.4 on an HP box running Windows Vista Home Premium, SP2.

I have ASCP set to check for updates on a schedule and it seems to be doing so, but something is staying resident and chewing up my resources.

anyone else seeing or solved this issue?

please advise,

Thanks!

Hi Joe

What programs do you have running?

What background functions runs?

How many programs in Windows startup have you allowed?

How often have you set the schedule to run an update check?

Cheers

solbjerg

frequently I find my computer CPU maxed out and the dual core at 50+% utilization. The IObit automated update icon is in the tray of running applications, but when I manually run an update the software quickly reports I am up to date.

I am running Advanced System Care Pro v. 3.3.4 on an HP box running Windows Vista Home Premium, SP2.

I have ASCP set to check for updates on a schedule and it seems to be doing so, but something is staying resident and chewing up my resources.

please advise,

Thanks!

programs running:

antivirus

antispyware

sidebar (a couple of widgets - weather, rss feed, system monitor)

printer controller

smart ram

windows startup:

microsoft office

services at startup: a ton

nothing has changed on my system except upgrading to pro from the free version. this problem popped up with the upgrade to pro.

frequency of update:

early am hours every day

Ok joe

Thank you for the information!

Did you keep the same settings as in the free version?

Cheers

solbjerg

programs running:

antivirus

antispyware

sidebar (a couple of widgets - weather, rss feed, system monitor)

printer controller

smart ram

windows startup:

microsoft office

services at startup: a ton

nothing has changed on my system except upgrading to pro from the free version. this problem popped up with the upgrade to pro.

frequency of update:

early am hours every day

Hi joe

In that case I think that you might try not to use automated update or scheduled update and just go with either the manual update or updating when opening the program.

ASC isn't updated all that frequently anyway.

Let's hear how that works :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

please advise,

Thanks!

Archived