IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

is360.exe keeps mutiplying itself

blacktiger

• 3 months later...

is360.exe opens multiple processes

I also have the issue where the is360.exe process have been shown to be making multiple instances of itself. I check the Task Manager and see a total of about 10 copies of itself under the Processes Tab. I am not sure what triggers it. I restart the program and it works like normal, but then when I see my CPU Processing get all used up again, it is usually the is360.exe making multiple instances of itself again.

I run Windows XP Home Edition SP3 on my PC. I would like to thank anyone ahead of time for those who have come to see a resolve to this issue.

Welcome Dando008!

Please state the version of Is360 so we can be of assistance and describe the exact nature of the exe file copying itself! This thread is of no assistance to you as it is. We need you to provide more information!

Blacktiger on 8/12/09 never came back, so we couldn't help!

But you are here now... I hope you come back with more information!

Thanks!

Please state the version of Is360 so we can be of assistance and describe the exact nature of the exe file copying itself! This thread is of no assistance to you as it is. We need you to provide more information!

Blacktiger on 8/12/09 never came back, so we couldn't help!

But you are here now... I hope you come back with more information!

Thanks!

The version of IObit Security 360 v1.30 with a free license. Last update since 12/08/2009.

The only thing I notice is that first my CPU Usuage starts running at 100%. Then when I check the Processes Tab in Windows Task Manager the is360.exe is listed multiple times in that list...when it happens again I will send a screen shot to make it easier.

Dando and Blacktiger

I believe you both may have a corrupt install.

Uninstall and remove all remnants if IS360 using Revo uninstaller. Use the Advanced option in Revo uninstall in order to remove all the remnants.

Then reinstall IS360 and I believe your issue probably will be resolved.

Hope this helps!!

• 2 weeks later...

Uninstall/Reinstall

I believe you both may have a corrupt install.

Uninstall and remove all remnants if IS360 using Revo uninstaller. Use the Advanced option in Revo uninstall in order to remove all the remnants.

Then reinstall IS360 and I believe your issue probably will be resolved.

Hope this helps!!

I have tried this out and unfortunately the problem has occurred yet again. This time I have screen shots to see what it is360 doing. I will uninstall using Revo once more to see if it works out.

Hi Dando

When doing a clean uninstall you must also delete the program folder!

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11513#post11513

Cheers

solbjerg

I have tried this out and unfortunately the problem has occurred yet again. This time I have screen shots to see what it is360 doing. I will uninstall using Revo once more to see if it works out.

Update on IS360 Issue

This seems to be an ongoing issue for me. It must not be major since it seems it only happens to very few users from what I know. I am not sure if it is the way my computer is configured, or the way I browse the Internet, or some other program that may be interfering with IS360 that would trigger this event. It doesn't do it everyday...but will do it at least once or twice a week. I can simply just close the IS360 program and restart it and it would work like normal again. I have done the full uninstall using Revo Uninstaller's advanced feature along with deleting the root folder in Program Files folder. Afterwards, it would still do make multiple instances while I am browsing or stay idle from my browser for a period of time with a new install. I wanted to try to use 360's Hijack while the issue was happening, but since the CPU is at 100%, I have a hard time getting to it. Do anyone else have any other suggestions I can try out? Thanks for helping out!

• 7 months later...

is360.exe process x 150+

I have just started to have the same problem, where for some reason is360.exe multiplies itself, up to 150 times, slowing the computer right down. I have Security 360 on my laptop and have not had the same problem. My thought was maybe its my firewall, which is the only new program I had installed on my PC. Could this be the problem?

some other program that may be interfering with IS360 that would trigger this event. It doesn't do it everyday..

hi and how you doing

i had a good hard look at the caps..now this is just guessing

Google update exe..and i think it triggers this of.looking at the caps..

try this..

turn of auto update..Google.exe. and iobit update

set them to manual..see if this fixes the problem..cant harm to try it?

or try this set io360 blocking mode in your fire wall (test it)

try ether one on its own first

so bock google update first..

if this fails try iobit 360

and see if this helps.

this should stop the trying to update.and multiply the trying...

why i think this is ,that"if it fials" to update as install to the drive...it duplicates the linking.and keeps trying in the back ground by restarting the exe nothing stopping them.from retrying.

if this is a problem your fire wall log would show the blocking of what is doing

this,the running ,multiplying,and the name of the program

try also:

blocking, tasthost.exe first..if its successful then ignore the rest..

if not try add one by one.

svhost.exe and login exe.if this is not the problem unblock them..

.as far as i see this.

its one after the other.any how see how you go..

you could try this out.by setting the fire wall to stop the running of apps .as in linking.is a other option.to play with..

let us know..

Archived