IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Internet Booster Dilemma!!

M8trix

I called up my Internet provider and asked what my bandwidth is at and they said 3mbps but there is no option for 3mb in the program only 2mb and 4mb.

I don't know if I should pick 2mb or round it off to 4mb :???:

If I pick 2mb i'm afraid it might make my connection slower than 3mb so I don't know what to do. Someone please help me :sad:

M8trix

Go with 2mb first,see how that works out. You can then try 4mb and go back if need be. Maybe Enoskype could send you a file for the original Firefox TCP optimizer used in past versions of ASC. The option for 3mb is included,which might help.

File upon request!!!

OK, please find Sup_FirefoxTCP1.exe compressed in the zip file attached. (1 there, is to prevent automatic deleting of ASC installer/unistaller. :idea:)

Extract it to the main ASC folder. It will show up in the Utilities of ASC.

BTW, in Internet Optimizer, if there is no exact figure, it is preferable to go to one step up.

ie. Use 4M if you have 3M download speed.

Cheers.

Sup_FirefoxTCP1.zip

OK, please find Sup_FirefoxTCP1.exe compressed in the zip file attached. (1 there, is to prevent automatic deleting of ASC installer/unistaller. :idea:)

Extract it to the main ASC folder. It will show up in the Utilities of ASC.

BTW, in Internet Optimizer, if there is no exact figure, it is preferable to go to one step up.

ie. Use 4M if you have 3M download speed.

Cheers.

Thank's for the file enoskype, I'll check it out :-D

BTW, here are my current TCP/IP settings if you guys have any suggestions:

« SpeedGuide.net TCP Analyzer Results »

Tested on: 08.13.2009 13:54

IP address: 70.22.xxx.xxx

Client OS: Windows XP

TCP options string: 020405a001010402

MSS: 1440

MTU: 1480

TCP Window: 65535 (NOT multiple of MSS)

RWIN Scaling: 0 bits

Unscaled RWIN : 65535

Recommended RWINs: 63360, 126720, 253440, 506880, 1013760

BDP limit (200ms): 2621kbps (328KBytes/s)

BDP limit (500ms): 1049kbps (131KBytes/s)

MTU Discovery: ON

TTL: 116

Timestamps: OFF

SACKs: ON

IP ToS: 00000000 (0)

UPDATE: I compared the TCP receive window size for both programs, the one you gave me and the latest version, and the sizes are drastically different. :-?

For 4mb it's 513920 in the old version and it's 261340 in the new version. I honestly don't know what is more accurate since 3mb for the old version is still 513920. Any suggestions :-|

detailer, an :idea: man for details. :lol:

M8rix,

Have you had a chance to go through Sluggish IE after installation of ASC Pro thread? Please read the discussion with CrayzyTim also in that thread. And, follow my discussions with garybear in THIS thread.

I have to know your connection type (PPPoE, etc.) to internet with 3Mbs, to find out the optimum values as your MTU is 1480. If you find that out from your ISP, we can do as we did with Garry and some other users. If it is the Max MTU you get then we can adjust accordingly. At the moment, IMHO it is not optimized. :sad:

Cheers.

Archived