IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

start menu disappeard after cleaning!

kliv09

Hello,

I was trying to delete "unwanted" programs from my start menu and clean up files using IObit Security 360. Funny thing is, the entire start menu and task bar disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back! Isn't there some undo feature, or some way to tell what used to be on the start menu? I may have also tried to fix the registry. I can't remember -- don't know what I'm doing here.

Also, my active antivirus program (Vipre) and Comodo Firewall are no longer launching. Vipre just stopped working since they don't load in the system tray. I can't change the volume settings (please, stop the error message beeping!).

Seems like something major went wrong. Please help! Thanks.

system restore not working

Thanks, but system restore is also not working.

After installing a Flash update, my system tray and start menu magically re-appeared; however, most programmes will not run or work properly.

Good point about the beta pogramme. I just hope there's some way to fix it.

iobit 360 is still in beta and still being tweaked in order to get a final polished program, your are in the same boat as me 360 is playing havoc with my vista. it is a case of going into safe mode deleting and waiting for the next beta to try, soon they will get it right.

After deleting in safe mode and restarting I get a normal pc again.

if you are not happy with the aggro it is best to wait till the final version arrives, its a risk we take with beta's. Looking forward to trying the next one.

Sounds like you've removed programs from startup, that you should've left in there, i.e. Vipre, Comodo.

If you've removed services via the Hijack Scan, you may be able to restore them by going here:http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h275/danburrito/IObit/HiJackScanbackup.png

Archived