IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Asks for mcansi.dll file and marks all 123 adobe "deletable" files as trojans.

madeinhawaii

IObit Security 360 keeps asking for mcansi.dll and then goes on to mark all 123 of my " Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Help\...\...\...\deletable " 4-byte files as trojans. I have the same files on another machine which IObit Security 360 simply ignores. On that machine, 360 does not ask for the mcansi.dll file.

The exact message I get is...

" is360.exe - Unable to Locate Component

This application has failed to start because mcansi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. "

Thing is... mscansi.dll isn't even part of the program, so I don't understand why it is even trying to locate the dll.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling is360 with the same results.

mscansi.dll is part of windows.

Please describe this machine. age processor, software, WINDOWS version, etc. believe U have windows registry errors,missing files. old infected sick machine. udidn't know. Gotta slp now, 5am in N.C. will look 4 response 2morrow.

Hi

A known file to induce this "bug" is MCANSI.DLL

This file includes a Microsoft digital signature, however TH scans it and extracts the file and its extra "contents"

Because it uses a temp file , iobit sees the file creation and scans it, detecting the encryption used in a digital signature.

Try adding MCANSI.DLL in the OFFICE folder to the ignore list (or even ignore the whole Office folder)

If you are attacked with a trojan then use Hijackthis and make a report and past it here, so someone can help you

Melvin,

Both my wife's unit and mine are identical. I set them up no more than 4 days ago. Gigabyte GA-Ma78G-DS3H boards with AMD 64 2X 9450 kumas and 4 GB or pc8500 Ram running at 1066mhz. New hard drives, dirives were scanned with Avast, Anti-Malwarebytes, DrWeb, Combofiix prior to IObit. All drives running as SATA.

Ha14,

Thanks. I'll put Office on ignore and try again after I reinstall Adobe. The 'restore' function in IOBIT can't retore them, it doesn't restore files without file extensions, it seems. BUT it still doesn't explain why it does this only on ONE machine and not the other.

Archived