IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

To get back protection

bob3160

bob

if you did as i done ..installed the pro version --

uninstall it

reinstall the last beta ,try to update-- close to upgrade..hope it installs the differentiations .i still got today's 20/august --if not well at least you get back

the dog protection../turn of auto update and scan ---

best of luck

till perhaps you may want to fork out $24 for a Half / free program ??

to make it fully working...

itsmejjj

Considering I also have all the following running:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/bob3160/SecurityComplete.png

I might just do without IObit 360 :cry:

IObit seems to enjoy having us test their beta's and then turning it into shareware.

Considering I also have all the following running:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/bob3160/SecurityNew.png

I might just do without IObit 360 :cry:

IObit seems to enjoy having us test their beta's and then turning it into shareware.

Yes I totally agree

IObit Security 360™ 100% Freeware

Disingenuous to say the least - I'll go back to the Free Spyware Doctor and it's more reliable

The problem is that this is NOT what we led to believe

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=16911#post16911

Post#21

Hello,

The new anti-malware from us will be 100% free for home use and non-commercial use, inlcuding scan/remove and real-time protection.

The definition will be updated every 12 hours. It will use a "Two-Core" engine to make complicated analysis be fast and light. It will also use a novel heuristic anti-malware detection, DOG (Digital Origin Gene), trying to detect unknown malware in zero-day. It will work with all mainstream AntiVirus/Internet Security products too :)

Overall, IObit has put all its resource on the new free security product to realize the goal: Finds and Removes the Deepest and Most Complex Threats that Your Security Software Can NOT Detect.

We will keep up improving the product and we appreciate your support of IObit.

Seems to suggest that we cannot believe anything Iobit says anymore - It stated it would be free inclung DOG - drawing us to download the Beta then to quietly cast aside what had been promised and take away parts fof the program.

Someone has messed up big time and they need to be exposed URGENTLY

I don't know about everybody else, but I'd rather have real time detection than DOG detection for free.

not that real time scanning and on demand scanning have a different engine, therefore it has different detection rates for each. generally real time protection is not as complete, ranging around 50 percent detection rate for major antivirus companies.

however, when it comes to detection, the majority of them compete within the 90-100 percentile rate.

im trying to say that, prevention is not always the best medicine.

The problem is that this is NOT what we led to believe

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=16911#post16911

Post#21

Seems to suggest that we cannot believe anything Iobit says anymore - It stated it would be free inclung DOG - drawing us to download the Beta then to quietly cast aside what had been promised and take away parts fof the program.

That was my first reaction. I had DOG and automatic updates turned on in the previous beta. Now with RC they're turned off. I went to turn it on and it informed me I need to upgrade to use this feature.

I just wonder what the next vital features are that will be migrated over to the Pro-only version and removed from the free version.

A bit of bait and switch going on there, a highly unethical business practice. And I thought IOBit was different ...:cry:

Archived