IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New Study Finds That Most Common Registry Cleaner Software Products Do More Harm

danburrito

Ted- Finding 380 files for removal on the first run isn't bad although MV RegClean 5.9 found over 1,400 unused registry files when I first used it and over 2,000 unused registry files after the removal of some programs. I've noticed that different Registry Cleaners have different functions and after I have removed programs with the Revo Uninstaller and removed all traces of the program from the registry free MV RegClean 5.9 is my go to utility to permanently clean those removed traces from the registry. Another great feature is that this program gives the actual name for each file to be removed and not some vague code so that you know exactly what items are to be removed. Best of all this highly specialized 1.3 MB program is absolutely no frills it performs only 1 function and 1 function only!

~Maxx~

After reading an earlier Maxxwire recommendation of MV-RegClean I decided to try it.

I should note here that just the word Registry sends a shiver down my spine (not necessarily a bad thing) and the closest I have ever got to doing a reg clean is Revo Uninstaller but then the reg clean is 'hidden' in the process and of course the ASC reg fix.

Anyway, I tried it and first pass was over 800 entries, I had a look through and saw a lot of old software junk that Revo must have missed and so I 'bit the bullet' and clicked

Awesome, I actually understood what a lot of the stuff was and why it was un-necessary

I had a backup that I never needed (I also have ERUNT do a daily backup)

Everything is running beautifully

It is now part of my weekly 'clean & tune-up'

Thanks Maxxwire and MV-RegClean :grin:

All the best, woz of oz

wozofoz

Don't let big numbers ever scare you.Fx, a clean install of Widows XP with only the necessary drivers and NOTHING else generates nearly 800 registry errors in the eyes of ASC.Just useless trivia I though you might like.It's also in my upcoming book-"Points to Ponder for the Wandering Mind"

I tried it and first pass was over 800 entries, I had a look through and saw a lot of old software junk that Revo must have missed and so I 'bit the bullet' and clicked.

Awesome, I actually understood what a lot of the stuff was and why it was un-necessary. I had a backup that I never needed (I also have ERUNT do a daily backup). Everything is running beautifully. It is now part of my weekly 'clean & tune-up'. Thanks Maxxwire and MV-RegClean :grin:

All the best, woz of oz

wozofoz- WoW! Over 800 entries cleaned up! I'm so glad that MV RegClean 5.9 did such a good job of cleaning the unused files out of your computers regisrty!

I too was thinking of MV RegClean when I went out to my Dad's this afternoon and so I took along my handy Portable MV RegClean 5.5 which I carry on my 16 GB Toshiba Flash Drive because I was curious as to how many files it might find on his PC which had never had its registry scanned with this powerful registry cleaner before and here are the results...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/2009-08-23_193138.png

This 1,635 figure represents slightly more than the number of results that I got the first time I used MV RegClean. Fortunately I had been forewarned about the high number of unused files it would most likely find in the registry on the first scan in fact that is why I tried it in the first place and I was not disappointed in the least.

I'm honored to have had a small part in the addition of MV RegClean 5.9 to your weekly 'clean & tune-up' as it has been a part of my cleanup regimen for a long time and I count on it to take out the trash that the other registry cleaners I use miss.

I find MV RegClean to be the perfect registry cleaning complement to the IObit ASC Registry Cleaner that I also use because its Deep Scan finds 100's of completely different entries than MV RegClean does and together they make a great Registry Cleaning Tag Team.

~Maxx~

Archived