IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Laptop crashed NEED HELP ASAP

It turns on and the loading screens come on but It wont boot It just goes black I am on a desktop and Would appreciate any help on fixing the laptop.

The battery works but is not in it because it doesnt hold a charge. There is Advanced systemcare 3 on it and I would like to restore it from the point that was downloaded. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.....

Hi cookiebear

You are mostly talking about ASC I suppose.

Will your setup/laptop allow you to make Windows System Restore?

Then try that- and if you install ASC after that - please read Usage of IObit Products before running a "CleanUp" and use the possibility to use the "Ignore List" under each "Problems" that the scan finds.

Let's hear how it goes!!

Cheers

solbjerg

It turns on and the loading screens come on but It wont boot It just goes black I am on a desktop and Would appreciate any help on fixing the laptop.

The battery works but is not in it because it doesnt hold a charge. There is Advanced systemcare 3 on it and I would like to restore it from the point that was downloaded. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.....

Ok cookiebear

Please try it in safe mode

Should have said that in my first answer, sorry!

Cheers

solbjerg

I tried to do that and it let me get to the screen and then it told me what to do then told me to leave n then the screen went completely blue and nothing happened

Hi

Use a live cd such as BartPE or ultimate boot cd or linux such as

Ubuntu live CD

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootFromCD

Download the cd and burn it then boot your crashed laptop! Booting from Linux will not affect your laptop but you will have a Linux desktop in front of your eyes the follow the below steps.

In Ubuntu you are going to make a backup of the corrupted registry files and then replace them with copies from the system snapshots that windows makes each time a change is made to your system i.e. when windows updates or software are installed. These are known as restore points.

1. Open up the hard drive with your windows install on it:

At the top of your Ubuntu desktop is your menu bar with three drop down menus (Applications, Places and System). Open Places and look for your hard drive, it should have a hard drive icon and be called after the size of the drive so if your hard drive size is 80GB then name of the drive will be 80GB Media

2. Make a backup of the corrupted registry files:

Make a new folder called “tmp” in .\windows\system32\config\ and copy these files into the new folder:

\windows\system32\config\system

\windows\system32\config\software

\windows\system32\config\sam

\windows\system32\config\security

\windows\system32\config\default

Then delete the originals.

3. Restore a copy of your registry files from system snapshots / restore points:

Open the System Volume Information folder which is at the same level as the Windows folder. In this folder there will be a folder that looks like this “_restore{D86480E3-73EF-47BC-A0EB-A81BE6EE3ED8}” There may be one or more folders starting with “RPx” under this folder (where x is a number). These are Windows restore points.

An example of this path is “\System Volume Information\_restore{D86480E3-73EF-47BC-A0EB-A81BE6EE3ED8}\RP1\Snapshot”

Look for the highest numbered “RPx” folder this should be your last restore point from before your registry got corrupted.

Now from the Snapshot folder under this “RPx” folder, copy the following files into \windows\system32\config\

_REGISTRY_USER_.DEFAULT

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SECURITY

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SOFTWARE

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SYSTEM

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SAM

Now rename these files:

Rename: _REGISTRY_USER_.DEFAULT to DEFAULT

Rename: _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SECURITY to SECURITY

Rename: _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SOFTWARE to SOFTWARE

Rename: _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SYSTEM to SYSTEM

Rename: _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SAM to SAM

Now reboot your computer, remove the live CD and Windows should be working.

Archived