IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Documents and Setting

garybear

Thought I would share this with the forum. I decided to clean up documents and settings. I moved some files around an deleted a bunch of junk and old files. I was amazed at all the junk I found. I keep several back ups with Macrium Reflect so I can always put back some thing I might need. I decided to see if I had gained any free space on my hard drive. I was amazed to find I had cleaned more free space than I ever did with all the programs past and present that I use to keep my PC running smooth. Here are my results. The last screen print is what I have now. Probably not a big deal since the hard drives are so large now days but the more crap I can delete, the better I feel. LOL PS If I don't need it, I don't want it on my PC

Something similar happened with my friend and his registry back ups. It took me a while to figure out why his disk space was so low. He lost track of all the backups he did, and, all the images he created and forgot about. It tends to add up.

Something similar happened with my friend and his registry back ups. It took me a while to figure out why his disk space was so low. He lost track of all the backups he did, and, all the images he created and forgot about. It tends to add up.

Sorry vman. I don't know what your telling me. All my back ups are on a USB. I know how many and where they are. I don't have any back ups on my C drive. I just had a lot of crap in my documents and setting, which I got rid of and got some free space back. Documents and setting is a good place for junk to build up. I found a lot of crap I didn't need and got rid of it. Thanks for your post my friend live well. PS back ups on your working OS(C drive) are worthless as far as I'm concerned. If you know what your doing you can get rid of a lot of crap in documents and setting. I'm sure you already knew that. Live well my friend. [gary}

I was referring to my friend, not you. I was saying how clutter can easily build up, right in front of you, and you could be the cause, and not know, with my friend as an example.

By the way, i responded to your post in "YOUR SECURITY" thread, sorry i was a bit late...

I was referring to my friend, not you. I was saying how clutter can easily build up, right in front of you, and you could be the cause, and not know, with my friend as an example.

By the way, i responded to your post in "YOUR SECURITY" thread, sorry i was a bit late...

Hi vman. I read your post. I tried to do your security thing but at this moment I better leave it alone. I understand what your saying now but was confused for a while. Thank you my friend. I really enjoy all your vast knowledge. I see what you were saying about clutter and your friend. Its very true. Thank you for your post.

But of course. Knowledge, is limited, learning, is eternal.

That thread is outdated, and, i should really make a new one. I have a list of free apps, and, if configured, can prevent and stop the worst of them.

Anyways, how are you garybear? Long time to talk.

Archived