IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

For Maxxwire

detailer

Detailer- Thanks for the reminder about the release of Opera 10 Final! After last week's release of the Opera 10 RC2 Snapshot I knew that the Final version couldn't be far behind and I was able to find it at ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/win/1000 9 hours before it was officially released and then post the good news here on the IObit Forum which was still several hours before the Opera Desktop Team made the official announcement.

Thanks also for the video link about Opera Turbo's server side compression which speeds up slow Wi-Fi connections by as much as 8X! I did some tests using Opera Turbo when I was on a trip and staying in a hotel using one of their computers along with my Opera 10 Beta 2 USB which I have on my 16 GB Toshiba Flash Drive.

Over their Wi-Fi network it took their Acer XP Desktop running the world's second most popular Browser 4 minutes to download a 10 MB file from the internet. Then I plugged in Opera 10 Beta 2 USB and repeated the same 10 MB download it cut the download time to 34 seconds by using maximum 8X server side compression which only the Opera browser has.

Thanks for starting this thread with my Moniker in the title Detailer. I guess I must be considered 'The Opera Browser Guy' and people probably wonder why I am so enthused about this Browser, but once I discovered that I could use Opera's onboard tools to tweak its out of the box performance to reach download bandwidths that were measurably twice as fast as what I was used to on these 8-10 MB downloads I quickly became a huge fan of this obscure Browser which has a world market share of only 2.04%...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/opera10b-1.png

~Maxx~

PS_ Not only was it fun being able to personalize Opera by choosing from among 100's of available skins, but I also like to make use Opera's easy on the eyes reverse contrast option on my 32" Monitor-

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/OperaReverseContrast-1.png

PS_ Not only was it fun being able to personalize Opera by choosing from among 100's of available skins, but I also like to make use Opera's easy on the eyes reverse contrast option on my 32" Monitor-

This reverse contrast option... is it somewhere in the settings, or a skin?

danburrito- The reverse contrast option can be found in Opera by going to View>Style and ticking High Contrast (W/B). I like using it because not only does it save on eye strain, but it also saves some electricity and lengthens the lifespan of the Monitor.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire,

thank you, even after using Opera almost exclusively for 7 years, I have never seen this option. I, too, like the darker skins and backgrounds as it is easier on the eyes. And besides that, when it is dark in the room, the colors are more brilliant.

One just can't beat the Turbo mode, even after loading only a few pages it shows that a good amount of MB's have been saved!

One of the features that convinced me to use Opera, was that once could choose to not load images at all or only show already cached images, which at the time mad loading a page so much faster. Still does today, with all the image sharing websites. Oh well, it is hard to show old dogs new tricks at times, and it is the same with different people using different browsers - everybody has his/her preferences and favorites.

Thanks, again!

jjj- Here's a helpful tip in case you haven't found it already. In Opera go to Tools > Preferences> Advanced > Network and by increasing the Max connections to server and Max total connections from their default settings of 8 and 20 up to as high as 128 each you can increase the speed at which Opera downloads from 300 - 400%!

~Maxx~

thank you ---

i want to know how do you add a site to block

for instance ---a gift file showed on the page from a link--normal point on it left click ,up pops a window ,in bird browser -you can add to block it -

it then refreshes-and that gift is now gone!

cant find the block the site's gift WWW. where its leads to-to ad, to block in opera-

that is ok - but still cant get it to block gif -that are linked to a site

in my browser ,all you do is point on the page that loads with a gift file, left click on the file ----

it then adds the ad to block (if wanted) the page refreshes auto, and its gone (the gift)

file as the link is now blocked--i cant find this fetcher---my own has it and bird has it inbuilt-where we got the idea from --to incorporate it in our browser--

has opera got this ? i cant find it --but keep trying --

itsmejjj

Maxxwire,

I, too, like the darker skins and backgrounds as it is easier on the eyes. And besides that, when it is dark in the room, the colors are more brilliant.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/OperaSkins.png

And with over 500 different skins to choose from to customize the look of Opera each with a choice of 10 different color schemes adds up to over 5,000 unique looks to choose from. Plus new with Opera 10 is the ability to choose any background you like for Speed Dial...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/SpeedDialOpera10.png

~Maxx~

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/Opera10SDMod9-6.png

I spent some time exploring the many customization options that are offered for the Opera Speed Dial page and I made changes in the skin, background image, added a few widgets and removed the Menu Bar which adds to the viewing area and was replaced by a convenient access button in the Tab Bar which provides the same level of access.

~Maxx~

that is ok - but still cant get it to block gif -that are linked to a site

in my browser ,all you do is point on the page that loads with a gift file, left click on the file ----

it then adds the ad to block (if wanted) the page refreshes auto, and its gone (the gift)

file as the link is now blocked--i cant find this fetcher---my own has it and bird has it inbuilt-where we got the idea from --to incorporate it in our browser--

has opera got this ? i cant find it --but keep trying --

itsmejjj

Just do a right-click on any clear spot of the website --> Block Content

you will see the following:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1705&stc=1&d=1252292653

Here you can block any and all images/objects on a site.

Archived