IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How To Stop is360srv.exe From Starting At Booot??

Maxxwire

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/360Start.png

I installed IObit Security360 a week ago and set it up as an on demand scanner only programmed not to start with windows and yet is360srv.exe persists in starting as an application at boot as seen here in a screen capture from my Comodo Proactive Defense. I checked into this using both Task Manager and Process Explorer and neither program was able to detect is360srv.exe as running, but I am sure this is not a false detection because when I terminate is360srv.exe with CIS my RAM Meter immediately goes down 5 MB proving that it was running prior to termination.

I realize that 5 MB of RAM does not represent very much of a presence on the computer with just is360srv.exe using this small amount of RAM , but I was wondering if anyone knows how to keep it from starting at boot?

~Maxx~

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/IS360Service.png

My first attempt to keep is360srv.exe from starting at boot has been to change it from Automatic to to Manual start in Services. Tomorrow if is360sev.exe does not start at boot I will then test to see if Security 360 will start on demand using the Manual service start mode.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx

It looks like one has to stop the service from starting automatic and stop it, - this setting looks like it lowers the use of resources to 1.8 Mb if the icon is still shown in the tray. If it is not shown it looks as if there is no use of resources - by me at least.

Cheers

solbjerg

By the way it works ok when started manually as far as I have tried.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/IS360Service.png

My first attempt to keep is360srv.exe from starting at boot has been to change it from Automatic to to Manual start in Services. Tomorrow if is360sev.exe does not start at boot I will then test to see if Security 360 will start on demand using the Manual service start mode.

~Maxx~

solbjerg- Not long after I made my last post I got impatient and tried manually starting is360srv.exe and you are right it worked! This was a great relief because not all programs will respond to a manual start Sandboxie being one of them. I now have IObit Security 360 as a true on demand scanner which consumes no resources when not in use.

I understand that Security 360 needs to set its service up with an automatic start so that the Dog can be released at start up and enforce its real time protection, but it is nice to know that there is also a way to use its excellent scanning capabilities with a manual start on demand.

~Maxx~

Precisely Maxx :-)

I also wondered a bit about why you didn't just try it :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg- Not long after I made my last post I got impatient and tried manually starting is360srv.exe and you are right it worked! This was a great relief because not all programs will respond to a manual start Sandboxie being one of them. I now have IObit Security 360 as a true on demand scanner which consumes no resources when not in use.

I understand that Security 360 needs to set its service up with an automatic start so that the Dog can be released at start up and enforce its real time protection, but it is nice to know that there is also a way to use its excellent scanning capabilities with a manual start on demand.

~Maxx~

Archived