IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC V2 Pro more than doubled my Internet speed

JustDave

I don't generally write gushing fan-boy approval posts, but this is just too cool.

I've been having MS update and intermittent connection problems lately, so I decided to clean house. I ran Dial-a-fix and pretty much reset everything, then I ran WinSockFix which reset all TCP and Winsock settings.

Since the two utilities brought many settings back to Windows XP default, I figured AWC would have something to say about that the next time it ran. Curious about the actual improvements AWC makes in a system, I decided to log some before and after numbers.

I rebooted and checked my Internet speed at speedtest.net. 3 tests gave me download/upload speeds of 1465/379, 1473/380, and 1438/377 kbps.

I ran AWC V2 Pro and it wanted to make the system changes below. I approved all the changes and clicked repair.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7180/awc2prosystemfixesyv0.jpg

I then rebooted and went back to speedtest.net. I expected an improvement, but not what I got. 3 more tests resulted in download/upload speeds of 3171/378, 3135/378, and 3152/379 kbps. Over two times faster on the download speed! I mean...just damn!

I almost wish I hadn't done this. See, my current license expires in September, and I still haven't decided if I'll renew, because I really hate IOBit's licensing policy. IOBit licenses 3 PCs per purchase, but those licenses are locked to the PC and are non-transferable. I have 3 PCs, but at least 1, and sometimes 2 are in flux due to upgrades and/or replacement, so I'd have to buy licenses for what IOBit sees as 4-5 PCs in order to run AWC on all 3. I'm not willing to do that yet.

Great software IOBit. Now if you'd just fix the licensing...

Archived