Jump to content
IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC and Internet explorer 8

Computer Chip

Recommended Posts



I just installed ASC yesterday and love the what this program can do BUT.......


After I installed it on three machines at mow house. I was unable to use certain links in a web page that ineed to use often With IE8. I have not been able to find any other sites that it doesnt work with. Links work fine with Mozilla. If I do a system restore back to the ASC install point, the links work in IE8. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure what is being changed in IE8 just by installing ASC.


Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Check your Optimization settings(problems) specifically for anything to do with your internet connection.If possible,run a scan again,and post a screenshot of the results prior to effecting any repairs.Perhaps we can identify the proposed "fix" that ASC has in mind and assign it to the ignore list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok....tried this


After rolling back to the restore point that everything is working, I ran the optimizer and did the repair. Links still work in the site that is in question.


I have an old laptop that I restored, then uninstalled, and reinstalled ASC. The links in the web page would not work. So the problem has to do with the actual install and the first scan that starts automatically.




I am still playing with it. I have another machine that I can't get the site to work with even if I do a rollback. I have switched to Firefox on that machine and everything works.....damned IE give me fits

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK had machine that links were working.


Reinstalled ASC and stopped scan immediately. Links still worked in IE.


Ran Maintain Windows module and repaired all finds. Links worked


Ran diagnose module. On the optimization, there were 5 listings under the internet connection optimization. I unchecked "friendly http erors" and ran repair. Links still worked.


Rescanned optimization. I kept checked the "friendly http erors", ran repair. LINKS quit working. I went to the registry editor and changed that setting back to no. Links still not working.


There must be something else happening with that switch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...