IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows Firewall Overview XP ser Pack2

itsmejjj

http://www.crazym.ca/wfirewall/

A few tips for home users that will be using the Windows Firewall in XP SP2.

as i always hussy info i found this useful help for the new pc people

beautifully explained---

injoy and learn...

let me ex plane a little here its so you get something from the default fire wall

as recommended use it but install something like LookNstop 2.6 or pc tools fire wall try to keep them as small as you can -under 7-8 mg -installed

there is no need for overbalanced-- type fire walls....

now take heed:------

http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_firewall.html

FREE 30 Day Trial of Comodo Internet Security Pro

go here get it free ---if you want more!!!

DO NOT OPEN PORTS UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THY DO

good or Bad---always make sure before you do---

itsmejjj

Don't settle for the outdated version linked to above the very latest version of the completely configurable and absolutely free forever Comodo Firewall Pro and/or Comodo Internet Security v3.11.108364.552 is available here from a Comodo 256 bit encrypted page-

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_internet_security_311108364552_released-t44417.0.html

If you have an older computer with a tiny <40 GB hard drive, 256 MB of RAM and not much of either left after years of use then the Comodo Firewall Pro which installs for <40 MB and runs for about 30 MB RAM with its amazingly effective Defense+ Hostbased Intrusion Prevention System may not be for you, but if you have a modern computer with sufficient hard drive real estate and RAM then you can easily afford to run one of the lightest software firewalls available which can pass the Leak Tests with a perfect 340/340 score unlike Windows Firewall which I do not know to be able to be configured to score better than 110/340 against this set of 34 simulated exploits.

Everyone that I know who was previously unaware of the abundance of security weaknesses in the Windows Firewall including myself is now running Comodo Firewall Pro after seeing the Windows Firewall fail the Leak Tests so miserably.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/FSFWandDTest340-340.jpg

This level of security and protection simply can not be achieved using the Windows Firewall.

~Maxx~

Not having a good day today ! the 2nd post made that is telling me and Others

dont use them ...it was a gide as to what could be done with a older os windows -- and give one a idea or perhaps applay some of it to newer systems --Mm-- think i stray away from this in the future leave it up to others---!!!

i have no come back to your post nor would i want to

" I DID POST

let me ex plane a little here its so you get something from the default fire wall

as recommended use it "

but install something like LookNstop 2.6 or pc tools fire wall"

take it easy!! ---its just a general Gide of interest!

Everyone that I know who was previously unaware of the abundance of security weaknesses on the Windows Firewall including myself is now running Comodo Firewall Pro after seeing Windows fail the Leak Tests so miserably.

and you get no argument from me ! i dont use it at all --and recommend

install something els as well ---

itsmejjj who now is going to sleep ! been a sad day today ...

jjj- Good night. I wasn't trying to make it a sad day for you I simply wanted to point out that there are better, more effective and absolutely free software firewall solutions available than the one that Microsoft includes with its OS which can be very good news for those who are willing to spend some time learning how to configure a fully featured modern software firewall to achieve an extraordinary level of protection and security.

~Maxx~

Archived